Ratings for Dr. Safeer Ahmed Khan

Dr. Khan has no business practicing medicine. He is a borderline sociopath. He is always late and chuckles every time you explain a problem to him, regardless of how obviously distressed you are. He doesn't present any solutions to problems and gives up quite easily when the pills don't work. DO NOT SEE THIS SCUMBAG!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Dr Khan is a very warm person and keeps things easy to understand. He helped me at a time when other psychiatrists refused to help me. He does get tough on you when it's in your best interest, which some patients might not like. I personally respect him for that. He recommended for me to see a psychologist when he could clearly see I needed more help than he could give with his medication expertise. Thank you, Dr. Khan.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Khan is the first psychiatrist that I have worked with since Contracting a chronic illness that is affected by depression very severely including very severe anxiety. He's the first Doctor Who is taken an active interest in my disease and asks me questions when he wants more information and admits that it is not his area of expertise but that he is willing to learn. He completely validated my intense physical and emotional mental struggle. Incredibly warm and empathic and put me completely at ease where generally I am very very ill at ease with new people especially health professionals. He has promised not to give up on me until I am stable and I believe him and trust him completely. I wish I had found him years ago.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr.Khan was refereed to me by his patient back in 2002, the main reason for referral was that he is very causes when prescribing medications that can coze side effects.today he is my psychiatrist of my choice.My family doctor is impressed how accurately Dr. Khan treats me in my manic episode while menoposing and going threw extremely challenging and egzosting family problems. He is about the same age as me and he is kind of taking a role of my older brother while i am here without my siblings as an immigrant.within around 25 different psychiatrists that i had to be examined by he is one of only about 7 that i would recommend. He is caring,he can make assessment on things like the way we sit .He is very flexible when it comes to little changes on how and when and how much of med to take.the same time he provides extremely accurate advises on resolving day to day challenges.He is the first doctor who helped managing side effects immediately. Having specialist like Dr. Khan i feel fully confident about me being able to be independent financially while going threw very hard time in my life

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I would give 0 stars if it where an option! My first visit he was 15 minutes late and he answered his phone 4 times to help his son find an address. My second and last visit he was an HOUR late! He didn't even apologize for being late. To make it even more unprofessional he was eating his lunch during our meeting and taking the whole time with his mouth full. I am gobsmacked by how in professional he is. DO NOT GO SEE THIS "doctor"

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Every question I ask this doctor is met with an "I don't know" or "I don't see how" or "that is always an option" or the most non comical and unhelpful answer imaginable. He is always late to appointments and never responds to texts. He is totally clueless about how to help people with chronic conditions, and doesnt take anything seriously. Find someone else!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Khan is horrible. He just sits there and judges the mentally ill without helping them. He doesn't care about anyone's problems and is extremely UNprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Very unprofessional and incompetent. Doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Has this extremely annoying habit of just staying silent and sta ring off into the void after asking him a question. He was totally unable to help me in the time I've been seeing him. At one point he told me to "just smile" as a treatment for my chronic depersonalization and anxiety. After two failed trials of medicine he threw up his hands and said he didn't know how to help me. Don't get an opinion from this guy, he's a chump.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Realize that he is a psychiatrist that deals with mentally distraught patients, some with very deep issues so of course you are going to get a bunch of angry people commenting here. Just look at some people arguing he is a pill pusher while others are saying he wouldn't prescribe anything...I will say that he doesn't like dealing with issues he is not well versed in, but the ones he knows well he can definitely help you out with.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I had a very unpleasant visit with Dr. Khan the other day. I get that he wants to help patients but my visit with him was extremely upsetting and disappointing. I was there to ask about some issues I have been struggling with since childhood but but he insisted the cause was the fact that I moved away from home which happened in the last few years. The visit was very intimidating and unpleasant. I wanted to clarify issues but I left the appointment confused. Answering phone and leaving other patients' documents laying around should be stopped. I could read through the other patients' information on the form and also on the computer screen if I wanted to while I was waiting for him. If you have a specific purpose, like changing your medications, etc., he might be able to help you. I don't recommend anyone with anxiety or similar issue seeing him unless they know exactly and precisely what they expect from the doctor. He shows a good intention of wanting to help patients, and I want to support that. He might have enough knowledge about medicines, but in my opinion he has a lot to learn about treating patients the right way.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016