Ratings for Dr. Safeer Ahmed Khan

He said that he would help me with a psychiatric malpractice matter, then when I called him about he claimed he could not remember sayings this and refused to help.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

I suffered from depression all my life. For the last 18 years I was helped to some extent by medication. I sought help from other psychiatrists but they had nothing to offer to me for my sleeplessness and general low energy, non existent enjoyment of life, negativity and extreme irritability. I was fortunate indeed that my doctor, Dr, Ko, recommended me to Dr. Khan. He listened to me very attentively and took copious notes. He asked very pertinent questions and started helping me by showing me a different way to look at life and friendship. He also gave me a prescription for a medication that immediately improved the quality of my sleep. This has been extremely important in ridding me of irritability and stress and has allowed me to connect with a part of myself I didn't know, so sick had I been for so long. I have found a kind and friendly person inside myself, and I like myself a lot better. Dr. Khan is a very careful, able, meticulous and smart psychiatrist who has a very humane and respectful manner. THANK YOU DR. KHAN!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Dr. Khan has been my moms psychiatrist for around 5 years now. In this time frame he has failed her , our family and we regularly urge her to find a different psych. After a psychosis, she was put on medication and referred to Dr. Khan......2 years later, we are told they discussed her coming off of the medication. Cold turkey...no taper. She started showing signs of relapse...another psychosis was happening. Another horrible part to this is there was *zero* notation on file to support or provide insight...there wasn't even notation in her chart that she went into his office. Not even the family doctor knew what to do because of his lack of information. Fast forward through 3 weeks and 2 attempts of getting help......the situation comes to a head. As per family doc request, we tried to get her into the hospital a 3rd time after she walked away from the house and disappeared . Dr Khan was on shift in the ER when we arrived....we thought great, he can help us! HORRIBLY WRONG. She locked herself in my car and no one would help. NO ONE. Triage advised to call police and Dr. Khans office. The male office member was incredibly rude when i explained the situation - basically saying he can't inform Dr. Khan and hung up on me. A really helpful office lady actually did get ahold of him (maybe its because i was in hysterics) but he wasn't coming into the parking lot to help his patient and to call police crisis unit. After 2 hrs, we finally got her into Triage for what we hoped would be an assessment. NOPE. Dr. Khan wanted to discharge WITHOUT mental health assessment. And more sleeping pills. His patient was in full psychosis and he was honestly going to discharge with more pills... even after we explained voices, delusions, hallucinations, disappearing for a few hours, agitated behavior, threats + more. Me and 2 other family members advised him that he was making a huge mistake failing to assess, I did threaten legal action. and told him he was dangerous. He took us "seriously" after that and admitted for assessment. Well...he finally got sick of us advocating for her and kept asking her if she wanted us there (aka. if she said No, he would have kicked us out ). Even when she locked herself in the bathroom in Triage, another patient had to use the bathroom, I couldn't get her out.....nurses were getting upset at me and I told them to get Dr. Khan to help me deal with this. He came by , pounded on the door for a minute, looked through the crack, called her name and left. This man is dangerous, has failed my family. I really hope someone read this and it helps them be there own advocate and stand up to his crap. Even the psychiatrist in the ward couldn't believe it and apologized to us. The family doctor apologized to us. Dr. Khan did not admit his shortcomings and damage he has done. We requested a Case Manager oversee what he is doing in sessions, as the patient has a right to choose who they want there care from. Stay away from this man, there are far better.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I’m not sure how I feel about Dr. Khan. He seems kind and concerned at times but he doesn’t seem to know enough about his patients and their conditions. I have been seeing him for a few years and I feel like every time I go in I have to remind him what’s happening, what my thoughts are like, etc. He doesn’t use a holistic approach which would perhaps include meds and some kind of CBT. I think he has the best of intentions but I think he needs to become more aware of working with clients on strategies for anxiety & depression. I told him I was doing yoga and he asked me how yoga relaxes me. I was confused because most doctors know the benefits of yoga as it relates to mindfulness and exercise.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

My mom has been going to see Dr. Khan for over a year now and always tells me how much she appreciates him. She always has so many nice things to say about how much time he spends with her, how he listens to all of her concerns and how his advice is extremely helpful. She says she has never had such as beneficial relationship with her psychiatrist and how she feels hopeful for the future.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Dr. Khan gave me my life back!! He always has and still does make time to see me if I need his help. He is very humble, down to earth and most compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr. Khan has no business practicing medicine. He is a borderline sociopath. He is always late and chuckles every time you explain a problem to him, regardless of how obviously distressed you are. He doesn't present any solutions to problems and gives up quite easily when the pills don't work. DO NOT SEE THIS SCUMBAG!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Dr Khan is a very warm person and keeps things easy to understand. He helped me at a time when other psychiatrists refused to help me. He does get tough on you when it's in your best interest, which some patients might not like. I personally respect him for that. He recommended for me to see a psychologist when he could clearly see I needed more help than he could give with his medication expertise. Thank you, Dr. Khan.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Khan is the first psychiatrist that I have worked with since Contracting a chronic illness that is affected by depression very severely including very severe anxiety. He's the first Doctor Who is taken an active interest in my disease and asks me questions when he wants more information and admits that it is not his area of expertise but that he is willing to learn. He completely validated my intense physical and emotional mental struggle. Incredibly warm and empathic and put me completely at ease where generally I am very very ill at ease with new people especially health professionals. He has promised not to give up on me until I am stable and I believe him and trust him completely. I wish I had found him years ago.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr.Khan was refereed to me by his patient back in 2002, the main reason for referral was that he is very causes when prescribing medications that can coze side effects.today he is my psychiatrist of my choice.My family doctor is impressed how accurately Dr. Khan treats me in my manic episode while menoposing and going threw extremely challenging and egzosting family problems. He is about the same age as me and he is kind of taking a role of my older brother while i am here without my siblings as an immigrant.within around 25 different psychiatrists that i had to be examined by he is one of only about 7 that i would recommend. He is caring,he can make assessment on things like the way we sit .He is very flexible when it comes to little changes on how and when and how much of med to take.the same time he provides extremely accurate advises on resolving day to day challenges.He is the first doctor who helped managing side effects immediately. Having specialist like Dr. Khan i feel fully confident about me being able to be independent financially while going threw very hard time in my life

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017