Ratings for Dr. Michael Engelbert

I am beyond happy with my" miracle worker " DR. Engelbert, he is not only a phenomenal physician but also the kindest and most compassionate person !!!! I would recommend him to any one that wants perfection and caring in a Doctor !!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I am thrilled to be able to offer the best possible review of Dr. Engelbert and the staff at VRMNY. I was fully advised of my condition, my treatment options, a suggested course of action and the possible/potential outcomes. I was treated surgically in February of 2014 and I am currently proceeding on a completely successful course of recovery. I am grateful beyond measure for his efforts, his expertise and his attention.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I am really thrilled to be under Dr. Engelbert's care. He is kind, patient and he has a wonderful touch. He gives me an injection in my eye several times during the year without pain. I have been treated by several other retina specialists and I always felt this procedure to be terribly painful. I am so happy to have finally met Dr. Engelbert who can give me an injection right into my eye without any discomfort. After each and every appointment with him I feel thankful there are doctors around like him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

My husband had cataract surgery by our ophthalmologist, and a known complication arose in one eye. Our ophthalmologist sent him to Dr. Engelbert on an emergency basis for a detached retina. Dr E used his state-of-the-art equipment to map out where the retina was torn. The next day, Dr. E. placed a tiny "buckle" over the tear. Many drs would have done a total vitrectomy, where my husband would have had to lie on his stomach for a week while the vitreous fluid replenished itself in his eye. This was much less invasive. His vision immediately returned to normal and is 20/20 now. Dr E was available at 6 a.m. one morning when we panicked, and he was thoughtful and caring throughout. My husband could have lost sight in one eye. He didn't, thanks to Dr E's judgment that a less complicated procedure would work. There was some bruising around that eye immediately after the operation but almost no pain, and he went back to work in days. We are extremely grateful for the exceptional care.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I saw Dr. Engelbert on an emergency visit to repair a torn retina. He accommodated me immediately with an appointment in his ultramodern facility that has all the latest in high tech technologies. His staff was professional and caring. He proved to be reassuring, highly competent and a most qualified surgeon who successfully restored my sight. For that I am forever grateful. Being a fellow health care provider, I can safely say he represents the elite of his specialty and I feel most confident with his care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Engelbert is a wonderful doctor, in good form and fit for work. He is proficient and knowledgeable and has a very kind and compassionate manner. I went to Dr. Engelbert with an emergency eye condition and he was able to quickly diagnose and immediately solve my problem. Dr. Engelbert obviously expends a great deal of thought at the service of his work and of people.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Engelbert has been very thorough, patient, professional, courteous and knowledgeable in the six months I've been coming to this office. Spent plenty of time with me, showed me my test results and explained them until I understood them completely. This office was recommended to me by two other offices. They have state-of-the-art diagnostics not found in other doctor offices I've been to. Fantastic staff! Feel like family. I feel very lucky to have found him, help me explore my retinal toxicity issues. ps to first responder . . . I learned blobs and blurry cataracts can be a common side effect of some kinds retinal surgery. Check into that. I learned that the hard way.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

He performed 2 surgeries for a detached retina. The first one was succesful then he adivsed a second brutal procedure now I cannot see at all out of my eye.I should not have listened to him and waited but he insisted it was necessary now the vison is gone. I was begining to be able to see after the first one now just blobs totally blurry.He acted rude and arrogant after and seemed uncaring. I would not recommend him at all.Bad experience and now I cannot see at all out of my eye.

Submitted June 19, 2012

A real professional. A rarity in this day and age. A good staff too!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

thorough, caring and on time. have been going around with this problem for a while and now feel like I am in good hands

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr. Michael Engelbert's Credentials

• Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup