Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. Pappas

Following the results of an extended urine analysis for kidney stone risks, I was called in for a follow-up only to be referred to a nephrologist. When I asked about dietary changes, he mentioned some things which were known to me but when I added, "how about beer?" He said beer wasn't a problem but it is well-known that beers contain oxalates which are bad for calcium oxalate stones. (btw, the Gregory Pappas of Edgewate that I know is a urologist and always has been. ) Also, I had recently undergone a procedure in which some imaging was done. When I asked about the thickness of my kidney cortex, he had to refer to a report and told me that there was no mention of the cortex even though he knew I had undergone a neprostomy (with another dr.) for a very large stone that could have damaged my kidney. I asked to see the images and he said they were "on computer." One image he did show me was of a bladder stone that he said he had removed but he didn't show me the clean bladder.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012