Ratings for Dr. Laura S. Akright

Dr. Akright is amazing. She really listened to my concerns and was very thorough. Her PA is horrific. She came in announcing that she was changing my prescription and when I asked why and could I see the labs, she stood up and raised her voice. When I tried to speak to her, she interrupted me at every word. She was extremely rude and condescending. I literally left in tears. I don't think I've ever been treated so badly by a medical professional ever.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I should have stopped going after my first visit! Her highly trained PA re-diagnosed me as type 2 after 15 years treated as type 1 by top noch doctors across the US. A different PA then told me all lab tests clearly show as Type 1. It took me a month to get my pump supplies refill approved. I have never seen Dr Akright. Maybe she is better at research than providing excellent patient care. I will not go back

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Completely awful! I have been going their two years and have only seen the doctor once! I always have to see the PA and retell my whole disorder every single visit! They order the wrong blood work have to do more blood work and you have to pay both times. They have no concern for you as a patient. They only say "you're fat" "lose weight" which I have done and still have thyroid CANCER yet they still won't work with me. I am outraged because I can't get a hold of anyone and they treat me like I do not know what I am ecperienceing. They told me I had nothing wrong with my thyroid. So I had a surgen take it out and it was cancerous. They have not even apologized for not being accurate with their work.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

She really pushes getting patients to be participate in clinical trials. Not sure why. Makes me very uncomfortable

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Akright is a caring, compassionate AND knowledgeable specialist. She is always careful to take time, listen and answer questions. I have a complicated history and see a number of specialists, she's always very conscientious to go over all my labs with me and explain her treatment protocols. She's equally conscientious about cross referencing all my info from other doctors (e.g labs and any case notes forwarded) and gets in touch with my other doctors whenever needed. The downside is the staff - scheduling appointments, getting records, getting referrals, even finding out best times to go in for regular labs is a nightmare; getting a calls back is also bad -- I tried repeatedly for 2 wks to get one of the nurses to give me referral info. What's odd is that they act overworked, but they seem to find time to chat and socialize among themselves in the office area; I've had to interrupt them just to get signed in, collect my payment, etc.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

I LOVE Dr. Akright, but her staff is HORRIBLE. You have to call every single day, sometimes multiple times a day, to get them to do anything. Despite her seriously terrible staff, Dr. Akright is a true gem. She is one of the most warm people I've ever met. She talks to you with the same loving tone I imagine she'd use for her own child, and listens to every word you have to say. I have a major white coat phobia, but Dr. Akright just puts me right at ease. I couldn't recommend her highly enough. Just beware of the terrible staff, and prepare yourself for a battle. She's worth it, though.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012