Ratings for Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye

Dr. Hour was fantastic, I no longer fear my dentist visits! The office is warm and welcoming when you come in, the receptionist at the desk makes it a point to say hello to everyone who comes in the door. I started my appointment on time, exam areas were clean, comfortable and relaxing. Dr. Hoye took the time to explain the procedure to me, how long it would take, what I could expect, and answered all of my questions. The procedure went really well, painless and finished ahead of schedule. Dr. Hoye and her staff were welcoming, easy to understand, and I appreciate that they took the time to help me feel at ease with the procedure. Would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for any type of dental work.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

great experience and service. would definitely recommend to others!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Couldn't be anymore unhappy!!! Every single time I have to deal with these people there's an issuse. My last visit I waited over an hour. Not only did they lose all of my updated insurance information and bill my old insurance, the front desk actually used the phrase "we look retarded". I have never been so disgusted in a company's customer service. Do not waste your time!!!!

Submitted January 26, 2017

I have been going to dr. Hoye for just about a year and had a crown done. They did ask for paymeny before going back but i was pleased to learn my expected amount due rather than be surprised. Dr hoye is on my insurance so it was less than i thought. The crown fit beautifully and feels ver6 natural. I plan to one day replace my other old ones that never felt this good.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I dont know why people would say anything negative about this office, they are wonderful! Always so Up beat and nice! Ive had 2 crowns done by dr. Hoye and had a great experience. My 2 daughters see dr. Alavi for braces. Dont pay attention to the negative feedback, this dentist is the place to go to!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye

Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye's response
Thank you so much for this comment! We really appreciate patients like yourself and your family! :)

Submitted April 16, 2015

Recently started coming to this office because a friend recommended Dr. Hoye and was very happy with my visit! They didn't try to pressure products or services on me...they recommended replacing my silver fillings and did not tell me I had to do it ASAP. I loved the cute patient goody bags and the easiness of scheduling future appointments...the front desk even told me how my insurance works! Love this office and the updated technology and also cozy feeling in the waiting room! Big screen tv and beautiful fireplace...makes me feel like i'm at home!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

It amazes me that the front desks asks for payment before the dentist comes in to see you. She also has a tendency to speak over you and not explain a thing. I needed some dental work completed, and to have anything done would have taken at least three months which included waiting a month for a consultation visit only. Which of course I would have to pay for. She is rude and more concerned with asthetics than anything. I brought my child in for her first visit, and no one had any discussion with her about dental hygene. It was all about the unnecessary xrays. Does she not understand that radiating her patients that often has consequences. I have cancelled my entire families upcoming appointments. The unprofessionalism is quite upsetting.

Submitted May 20, 2014

Staff gives X-rays without the dentist ordering them or seeing me first. I have had numerous X-rays that were not needed at this place and it upsets me. Took four shots to numb my tooth for a filling. The dentist said I was nervous so the numbing didn't work. I heard her say this to this to the person in the cubicle next to mine. Make sure you argue with the girl at the desk. She will overcharge you if you do not. After teeth whitening I had to fight to get my boosters. She said I only got one, when I was supposed to get four. I got them, but I had to argue in front of everyone. Today she told another woman that her insurance does not go into effect until next year. Then she realized it is now 2014. wow.

Submitted April 22, 2014

love our experience!My grandson was scared and they worked with him and he cant wait to go back!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

TRUST ME - Do NOT NOT NOT go here! They double (sometimes triple) book and you will wait at least an hour (sometimes more!)! At times people have to wait outside or in their cars! It's a factory there - that's it. They just care about how much $$ they are making! Also, Dr. Hoye screwed up my insurance payments BIGTIME - I had diff. ins. than my daughter and my ex-husband was to pay for my daughter's braces. Dr. Hoye took it upon herself (staff told me) that SHE allowed the staff to take MY overpayments and credit them towards my daughter's bills. Highly unethical and illegal. TRUST ME - DO NOT GO HERE unless you care to wait in your car - bring dinner with too since it will be that long!

Submitted July 2, 2013

Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye graduated from Loyola School of Dentistry with her Doctorate of Dental Surgery. She specializes in general dentistry for both adults and children. Her memberships include the Chicago Dental Society, American Dental Association, and the Illinois State Dental Society. Dr. Hoye stays on the cutting edge of dentistry by taking a variety of continuing education programs to better serve her patients.

• Loyola University Chicago (Grad. 1984)

Ameritas