Ratings for Dr. Kevin J. Shaw

Dr Shaw has been my orthopedic surgeon since 2003. He has done eight surgeries on me and I have nothing but the highest regards for Dr Shaw. I would highly recommend him to anyone who would need orthopedic surgery. And his physician assistant Jess is wonderful! Very sweet and knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

August of 2015 I went to him for knee pain due to a 1.5 cm meniscus tear on inside of knee. The range of tears recommended for surgery is 1.5-4 cm. The thing that struck me most was how he didn't recommend surgery or ask me if I wanted to do it but he said "You are getting this surgery". He started to say "If you.." but changed in mid sentence to the imperative. I got a cortisone shot while there which helped greatly with the pain I was having that was making it difficult to walk. I also decided to get another opinion of a highly recommended knee ortho surgeon in West Chester. He told me straight up that I didn't "need" the surgery. I also found that most recover from Physical Therapy instead of surgery. I also found that knee surgery is one of the greatest sham surgeries out there. After doing my own PT and leg strengthening exercises and wearing a knee brace for a while , it got much much better. I can now walk , run , play tennis without the surgery that would have added the chance of arthritis later on. I only have a slight pinch in that area do to the tear at times which doesn't inhibit physical activity at all.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

My first visit with him - not real friendly, just to the point. His staff wonderful and he is ranked #3 in the city with good reveiws. PT facility on site!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Shaw did my shoulder replacement in Jan, 2015. I had very little pain & have full mobility. I am 67 & am extremely pleased. He also did my hip replacement in Nov., 2015. Again, a wonderful experience overall. This joint is more complex than the shoulder due to weight-bearing.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I can't call him a Doctor. Due to my heart condition my cardiologist did not want my knee replacement done at there clinic. I went to Christ his choice not mine. Had the replacement done on a Tues. On Fri I was released. He never once came to the hospital to visit. I ask the nurse when I was going home she called the Shaw and he said oh he can go home. no visit. I also had my sciatic destroyed and ware a brace to walk $909 out of pocket. If you are having surgery done by this QUACK run don't walk. He is not worth your time all he is interested in is how many he can run through for the $$$$$$.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

From the first visit with Dr. Shaw I have been treated with the upmost professionalism. Following my shoulder surgery the staff of in house Physical Therapists could not have been better. Justin and Jess made the process greatly exceed my expectations. The entire experience was a positive one

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr shaw has done several surgeries. He is a great doctor. Answers all my questions. Doesn't rush our visits.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Very knowledgable and a great doctor!! He has helped me with surgical and non-surgical issues. I would trust him with all orthopedic issues.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Shaw has treated me for three different problems and I think he is the best. I have recommended him to two other people and they both were very pleased with his work. He is very easy to talk with and will explain anything you need to know and takes his time with you and doesn't rush you out.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I've had 2 knees replaced by this doc in the last 2 years and I would highly recommend him. He explored every option to get rid of the arthritic knee pain I was experiencing and had been so for years before recommending total knee replacement. I was up and walking without any assistance on the 2nd day after my recent replacement, in January, 2015. No one better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Kevin J. Shaw's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1995)