Ratings for Dr. Karen F. Giardino

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I love Dr Giardino. I have been going to her for over a year now, however the front desk staff is AWFUL. Awful in person and even worse on the phone. How can you run a successful business and expect people to respect you when you have staff that is so disrespectful to your patients? Danielle is the worst. After calling to ask about a specific problem, she basically yelled at me and degraded me on the phone. It took everything in me not to yell back but I won't stoop to that level. If I didn't love my DR so much, I would leave this practice. Just remember, we the patients are the ones paying your salary.

Submitted November 24, 2015

I had an appointment for Nov 3rd to see Dr Giardino and got a call on the 7th of Oct to reschedule do to the fact that she would not be there which is understandable so the next appt was for Nov 13th at 9AM I arrived there at 8:45 only to be told oh we changed your appt to Dec 15 needless to say I never got a phone call telling me of this change they said they did call so when I got home I checked all my missed calls and messages and low and behold nothing from them . I will be looking for another endo

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Rude staff. Dr Diamonds refused care to me when I told her I was experiencing a conern over a medication she prescribed due to a fee for 1 missed appointmet. Doctors take an oaths?? Her concern is how much jewelry she has not her patients!!! I do not recommend her unless you are rich like her!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr Giardino is a very thorough Dr. Spends as much time as is required on every patient. May mean you have to wait for a little extra time in the waiting room but the wait is worth it. I have also seen the young Nurse practitioner who is very competent and friendly. The staff is also very pleasant and friendly despite how busy the office seems to be. I would definitely recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I almost canceled my initial appointment after reading the reviews. I am so glad I didn't. From the very first time I called to make my appointment, as well as interim phone calls, the staff has been nothing but friendly. I felt the same exact way after being to the office today for the first time. Both the nurse and the receptionist couldn't have been nicer. Dr. Giardino herself was amazing. I have never ever had a doctor be so thorough and take as much time as she spent with me today. She took the time to actually ask questions and listen to the answers. And what's more important is the fact that she was so knowledgable on the subject. I still cannot get over the service I received today. She is exactly the kind of doctor I needed.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

DR GIARDINO IS SO VERY NASTY, RUDE TOO HER STAFF..

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I saw the NP first with a diagnosis of enlarged nodules on my thyroid. She recommended surgery, a full throidectomy. At that point I saw Karen, the doctor, for less than 5 minutes. She was unpleasant to say the least. She agreed with the NP on the spot. I had the surgery which I later found out I didn't need. Post surgery there was a new NP, Susan . She saw me twice to help regulate my throid medication. After that she referred me back to my primary. It seems Karen sees a small percentage of patients and gives a smaller percentage of them her total attention. Those patients seem to really benefit from her care, but still have to wait hours to see her. I would never seek treatment from this practice again.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Karen F. Giardino's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was treated with utmost care and concern. The exam was thorough and everything was explained to me. The staff was all very pleasant and professional."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr Giardino. I have been going to her for over a year now, however the front desk staff is AWFUL. Awful in person and even worse on the phone. How can yo..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment for Nov 3rd to see Dr Giardino and got a call on the 7th of Oct to reschedule do to the fact that she would not be there which is understan..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Rude staff. Dr Diamonds refused care to me when I told her I was experiencing a conern over a medication she prescribed due to a fee for 1 missed appointmet. D..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The doctor and staff have been very helpful regulating my diabetes and hypothyroidism. I highly recommend this doctor. "

September 7, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giardino was exceptionally rude to her front desk. To .any rules for an office just to get an appointment and MY time is wasted sitting there "

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Giardino is a very thorough Dr. Spends as much time as is required on every patient. May mean you have to wait for a little extra time in the waiting room ..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I almost canceled my initial appointment after reading the reviews. I am so glad I didn't. From the very first time I called to make my appointment, as well as..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "DR GIARDINO IS SO VERY NASTY, RUDE TOO HER STAFF.. "

May 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw the NP first with a diagnosis of enlarged nodules on my thyroid. She recommended surgery, a full throidectomy. At that point I saw Karen, the doctor, for..."

November 18, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Karen" to "Karen F."

October 20, 2013