Ratings for Dr. Anita KURUVILLA

During my two years she was never able to get my thyroid levels right. Towards the very end she decided that something else had to be wrong and ordered a slew of tests. Then when I get the bill my share is over $500 for these tests. I feel like I was just a money generating machine. At one point she told me that I should just go to some OA meetings. Really?

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Kuruvilla provided a consultation (without our permission) while husband was in the hospital for something else. She had access to his records from his existing endocrinologist within the same system, but chose to treat him like a new patient. Her information was poor as his existing endocrinologist told him to disregard her recommendations. Then she charged in for the highest consultation level - more than twice what the cardiologist charged as if he was a new patient and that doctor spent lots of time with us and gave us lots of good information. His regular endocrinologist told us he didn't use that consultation code unless a patient were on an insulin drip in critical condition. This was not at all the case! Stay away from this doctor. Her quality of care is substandard and her billing is outrageous!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014