Ratings for Dr. Gustavo A. Martell

In 1999 I had a hysterectomy due to fibroids and heavy bleeding. Back then, the office staff was great. Once he moved to the newer location, things went down hill. The Doctor who worked with him was performing botox injections. I suppose he had just had a weekend training, but I never returned to Dr. Martell after that since I changed to Medicare, and he didn't accept that insurance. I liked him a lot.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

The office staff is rude and have no idea how proper procedures of medical billing work and more than five times they overcharge me and told me it was right until I got my insurance explanation of benefits. If that wasn't enough they take about eight weeks to refund your money that you had to pay right away. I went for pregnancy and my insurance covered 100% but they insisted that the office policy was to charge copayment few time after pregnacy was confirmed which is completely out of the insurance contract regulations. Once again I had to go back and ask for an 8 weeks wait for my refund.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Excellent and very friendly doctor. He's responses are always in detail and he is also very respectful.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2006

Dr. Gustavo A. Martell's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1991)