Ratings for Dr. Husna Baksh

I only saw the M.D. once as a general introduction. I was handed from one P.A. to the other, due to turnover which others mentioned. After running test after test on my heart, which is not my problem, I finally gave up. My real problem is an inner ear issue, which was never even acknowledged even with a diagnosis from The Mayo Clinic. I missed a follow up appointment, with a PA , due to my job. The apt was only to tell me my tests on my heart were fine and to schedule me for yet another expensive heart test Dr. Baksh chastised me for not following up especially since I have "serious" medical issues. Scheduling an appointment is near impossible, not because they are busy. They are rarely there even during listed office hours. I dropped by on at least 4 occasions to try to get a faster follow up; the office was always closed. This place may have been good once. In my experience, it is strange.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Dr.Baksh office continues to be test driven and the need for follow up appointments seems to be excessive. I too am skeptical of this practice. She continues to have a high-turn over of staff as well which adds to my suspicion.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

The office wait time is LONG. Even when I scheduled with the doctor AND waited for a half an hour, I passed on to the P.A. The office assures prompt responses but days go by. Save yourself a lot of hassle and look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Dr. B is a fine and caring doctor but she is a little test happy. Her office staff is dreadful. They change frequently but they are all bad. Linda, her outside biller, overcharged me twice. Once it took many months and multiple emails and phone calls to correct it. The other time I just gave up.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

She and her other doctor refused service even after we had mad an appointment and were called back to the office. They came into the room with irrate attitudes because my kid is special needs. They never greeted with a smile, only stated the doctors name and started barking orders. His first question wasnt, "how are you doing?", it was "WHAT HAPPENED LAST VISIT?" This was rudely asked and followed by Dr. Baksh barging in to demand that he is too out of control to be seen. Mind you, he was sitting in the chair and cooperating 100%. They then made us leave because he was to much for them. Terrible excuse! Terrible service! Terrible professionalism! Its a shame that even a doctor can be so ignorant. We left there feelings extremely discriminated. These types of actions are inexcusable.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

My experience here has not been positive. Dr. Baksh is extremely disorganized, and it shows. Example: after my last physical, when I was literally on my way out the door, she rushed over to tell me that she had forgotten to give me an EKG! (didn't even know I was getting one; they order a LOT of routine tests). I had go back and get completely undressed again and wait for her to do that procedure. As it is I had waited over an hour initially. I now see Dr. Sharma, who seems more organized, but he is leaving the practice (the second doc in the last couple years to leave - what's going on here?). They also farm out their billing to an outside company which has submitted several incorrect claims to my insurer; I've been waiting about 2 mos to get them sorted out. Also, they have a deal with NutraMetrix, so they will try to sell you expensive vitamin supplements when the regular stuff from CVS is just fine. Weird. When Sharma leaves, I'll likely find a new practice.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Nice doctor, competent, but way too stressed and rushed and that concerned me so I left. Also, I have never had a primary care doc who made you get labs every 6 months, or no prescription refills. Very test intensive; EKGs, breathing tests. A GOOD internist/general practitioner/family medicine doc is supposed to be able to diagnose--not use every test available to then diagnose your problem. Also, I did not like that the office staff (clerical--not trained health professionals) were printing out prescriptions--I once found an error, fortunately before I left the parking lot. Pros: Free parking, fairly easy to get worked in if you are sick and need an appt., LGBT friendly.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Dr. B is the ultimate in doctors. She spends as much time as needed with each patient. She makes sure each patient knows exactly what he/she needs to do and what to expect. She writes everything down (or has you write it) on a triplicate form. Her staff makes sure you leave with your copy. She takes a picture of each patient so that she can match the patient later to the records when she is reviewing her day. She is knowledgeable, tolerant, aware of problems of all types of people, including those who are overweight. Her email system is always available and is checked often throughout each day. She always answers emails or her nurse practioner answers them. My husband, who is NOT her patient, was incorrectly diagnosed by another doctor. Dr. Baksh helped me to find a specialist who saved my husband's life. When necessary, Dr. B encourages her patients to see a specialist where she feels there is even a small area of doubt. I feel blessed and safe to have found her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

This doctor does not have a single certified MA. Just watch out when you get vaccinated by them these people don't have a medical certification to preform this job. By the way asked yourself why her staff changes continuously? Weird ah there must be sometime wrong going on in the clinic.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Excellent care. Always very friently and ssanswers all questions. I have never been rushed through by the doctor or assistants. I thought she was a bit test happy until a test did turn up something important that we were not looking for. I would strongly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Husna Baksh's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD