Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey P. Crittenden

Listened and reassured. Told me what he was thinking and why certain tests should or should not be done.Never had a doctor explain things so clearly

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Referred by my primary care physician for neurology exam. It was very thorough. His questions and responses to my questions created a high degree of confidence in his professional competence. He gets highest ratings possible from me.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I am not a patient of Doctor Crittenden, my Dad is. I have gone once with my Dad a few years ago for his six month appointment. My dad has PSP, a type of Parkinson-ism, caused by exposure to harmful chemicals. There is no cure for PSP. It is very progresses and as much as my Dad digs in not to give in to this disease, being that his mind is fine, but his muscles continue to weaken, unable to talk, the countless backwards falls, trips to the ER for stitches because my dad is a determined man, deep down he knows he is limited and this is the most frustrating part of the PSP. I spend my spare time making phone calls to any new progress in research , cure , studies on PSP. There are some I don't know about. This is where I if in Dr. Crittenden shoe's would go that extra mile for a patient and their family to seek out as much as possible, (He does say there is research being done when my mom as asked him). We know this much, the medication helps some days, others not. Will power does not stop the progression. I would like to see more Doctors in this field,(suggestion) write down, or record any new research founded that strikes a cord on progress being made towards a cure for PSP when at seminars etc. I'm sure a staff member would be more than happy to type out the extra knowledge you have come across for the patient and their families. From what I know of Dr. Crittenden, he is excellent in his medical field, very intelligent and very compassionate Doctor. For this reason I know Doctor Crittenden does go that extra mile. However, my opinion only, if we as family members don't get involved and ask questions, as all Doctors never cease to ask at the end of a visit, (Do you have any questions). Dr. Crittenden is not a mind reader, so family ask away, if he doesn't have an answer right away never mistake this for a Doctor that doesn't know what he is doing, as the last thing a good Doctor will do is to give you the wrong information. Also, keep in mind that a doctors staff must represent the Doctor they work for well, at all times. So, Doctor Crittenden there is no doubt that you can and are a well educated , and a Doctor that stands out in the crowd as being professional, kind, and caring specialist. One who understands the meaning of the statement : A smooth flight never made a good pilot. This same statement applies to anyone who is expected to know it all in a life or death situation, it's really all about being striving to be best and give your best, but know that cures come with hurdling failure's. This is a Doctor, I want for my Dad. Please keep up the good work Dr. Crittenden, and thank you for the care you continue to give my Dad.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Really listened. Caring staff...NEVER wait more than 10 min!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Easy to talk to. Very honest. Easy access to local hospital.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

made the diagnosis that the big hospitals missed. can't say enough good things about him and staff

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Helpful, friendly and knew exactly what to do. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Wasn't interested in using newer meds with MS patients. Told me to go home and my symptoms would go awaay in about 2 weeks.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey P. Crittenden's Credentials

• Emory University - School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Boone, NC