Ratings for Dr. Gregory B. Lanford

Dr. Landford has done two surgeries on my lumbar spine after a work injury. He took the time to listen to my concerns not only about my surgery and results but the issues that came about in my life as a result. I have experienced the human side of Dr. Landford when he wasn't all smiles and chatty. He and his office staff deal with many people, they have their own lives as well. We all have our issues, but in no way does that effect the work that they do. When someone is in pain there are times when it seems as if no one cares. That isn't the case here. Doctors don't get paid to smile and be coddling to their patients, they get paid to treat patients medical issues. I'll take Dr. Landford even if he seems to be rude on a visit before I would go to a smiling quack.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Very rude staff, and doctor. He was pretty good up untill the sugery was done, seemed to care about the issues, and pain, took time to talk to me about my problems with lumbar spine, went above and beyond till he got to do the surgery, then after surgery and after he collected that big surgery bill money, he stopped carring and didn't seem to want anything to do with me after surgery, even though from day one after surgery I felt worse, symptoms got worse, had more pain, he could careless after he got that big surgery money! Not only that but the surgery was a failure, his staff turned mean, they never return calls, they try to act like doctors on phone, instead of asking him what he thinks about a issue. They made several rude comments when you call saying they don't get paid for phone calls. Really bad doctor and staff,

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Went to him for help after an auto accident. Total waste of time money and energy. He does not care about patients. Phone calls do not get returned. Please find another doctor. Don't waste your time with him.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Staff is RUDE! PHONE CALLS NOT RETURNED AND NO FOLLOW UP ON MRI RESULTS!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

1st visit he was GREAT! Morning of my surgery I was very nervous, he came in before surgery in a VERY bad mood. He couldn't have been any ruder to me. I was hoping that it would help to talk with him before the surgery but it made me even more nervous. My nurse with me was amazed at how he acted. I had 3 levels of my cervical spine replaced. I ask him how soon could I go back to work. He told me I could go back tomorrow if I wanted to. He snapped at every thing I asked him. I said to him "Cheer Up" and I smiled, he said "I can't cheer up with all the crap that is going on around here!" I almost changed my mind about letting him operate on me. But the nurses assured me that he would do a good job even if he was in a bad mood. I am REALLY dreading my follow up visit with him. If he acts anything at all like he did the morning of my surgery, he may hear an earful from me. I was also treated rudely by the receptionist when I checked in because too many people came with me for the surgey!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Very rude. During return visit left my mother on exam table and left the building. Did not notify me or staff. Would not address our concerns. Finally left. Would not recommend and will NOT return

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Fabulous Doctor!! My husband has gone to him twice now and he is absolutely one of the best! He is the type of guy to pull up a chair and spend as much time with you as u need. Always very throuogh and friendly!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr Lanford has been with me through four surgeries and many, many office visits. He is honest, straight forward, and very caring with his patients. I can't imagine going to anyone else. Hes the greatest!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Gregory B. Lanford's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)