Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Belladonna

belladonna has retired in 2013 it was confirmed by a source at smg. belladonna was everything that patients complained about, as I had added to the ratings a few years ago, I am seeking a G.I. doc. problem is that they all are assoc with hosp and outpatients places. I like a hospt for endo scopes. so you call a doc office and the front desk says yes affiliated with a hospt to find out the doc dos not do these scopes there. waste of copay and time.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

I was having severe heart burn&I had been to the SMG a few times prior to see other MDs.I would just keep using the group. I was a healthy 24 yr old male.setting the appt to see the doc&because I was not being ref by another MD, he did not want to see me.[that should have been the red flag].I had been a patient at the SMG he ok it.the appt 9am.first in his consultation office, he escorted me to the exam room.the physical was very comprehensive&being a male the usual genital exam.The final part was the rectal exam.I had no idea that would be done.I had no visible blood from that exit.I was told to lean over the exam table. After,I was in pain!This took place by10am.The entire day&nite,including a bowel movement,I was in discomfort.Even in the middle of the nite in which was 15+ hrs. How would he like it if a MD did that to his daughters? few yrs later at a dif MD they performed a rectal exam&I was on my side&when the exam was over barely felt the MD do anything He talks down to the pt.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

He should not deal with patients. He should do research and be alone all day. He is the only doctor who has ever made me cry by the tone and attitude of his voice. Not to mention that he was not exactly correct about my husband's diagnosis. Eventually we moved onto another gastro (out of his group) and my husband was finally diagnosed correctly with celiac disease. My husbands symptoms were "classic" celiac - weight loss, gas bloating, diarrhea; but this dr. admonished me when I dared suggest that my husband had a malabsorption problem. That's when I started to cry (and I am a tough cookie). The additional aggravation was that I had to PAY to be verbally abused.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Horrible is not the word. Arrogant, obnoxious and just down right rude. I was appalled at this bedside manner. I wouldn't give him a chance to be my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2010

my son was under the care of dr. Belladonna in overlook hospital.I was appalled by the doctor's lack of skill and knowledge.He has no experience in hepatology. I addition, his communication with me was arrogant and cold. if you care for a loved one, please do not entrust him to dr. belladonna's care

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

My family and I love and trust Dr. Belladonna. He is knowledgeable, skilled, caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2008

I have had more than one colonoscopy with Dr. Belladonna and have found him to be extremely efficient and helpful. While this isn't the most important quality in a doctor, he does have a good sense of humor which makes things easier.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

I was amazed to read the negative comments about this Dr. I am a retired pharmacist. I had 2 personal contacts with this Dr. - a liver exam and a colonoscopy. I found this Dr to be very efficient, knowledgeable and an excellent technician. Also, I joked around with Dr after the colonoscopy, and cannot understand the comments about his bedside manner. Subsequent to my contacts with Dr, I have recommended him many times. I have never had any negative feedback from these people. To the contrary, everyone liked him.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2007

bad bedside manner-i felt like i was bothering him being there

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

Dr. Belladonna, I have been seeing this dr. since 1995 every so often had a few upper GI scopes. He is shoving the scope down your throat and your not under anesthesia yet. Nurse in office rude- made me wait 3 weeks for an office visit after I had been in the hospital, dr never knew I was waiting so long for the office visit and made on comment after telling him. dr discredits what I have to say. does not take your concerns seriously. I totaly agree with the other posting, I knew it could not just be me that thought this. The Summit Medical Group has gone way down in service as they have over grown.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Joseph A. Belladonna's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1969)

UnitedHealthcare