Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Hovan

My visit with Dr. Hovan in Nov. 2013 was one of the best visits I've ever had with a PCP. He was very thorough and asked a lot of questions about my history and offered lots of suggestions to help improve my health. He was aware that I'm interested in holistic therapies and he made some suggestions for that as well. He was direct and matter of fact and I really appreciate in a doctor. I will definitely continue to see him as long as he is contracted with my insurance company.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

This was my first time seeing Dr Hovan and left in tears. His bedside manner and people skills are horrible. He is cold and inconsiderate. I went in to get help with headaches. I was on one medicine that wasn't helpful. I told him the side effects had negative impacts. He gave me three different options that have the same side effects. When I told him that those would not work due to having the same side effect, he become defensive, aggressive, and rude. If you want to be treated like a file, see him. If you want some compassion and to be treated like a person who came in for help, see anyone else. I have horrible migraines 6 days a week, sometimes they last up to 14 days long. He resolution was to refer me out to a doctor that can't see me for 6 weeks. He was no help. I wasted my time and copay.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I went to Dr. Hovan roughly from the age of 12-22 until my insurance coverage changed. He is still the best doctor I have been to as I have bounced from one to another since then. He used to work with my mother who is a nurse and even working with him was a pleasure. He is thoughtful and takes the time to get to know you. He is very knowledgeable and I would love to be able to go back to him. He is now at Mayo Thunderbird.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Hovan's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)