Ratings for Dr. Karen H. Wasserman

I had such a bad experience with this doctor that I feel the need to warn others. The store she runs seems good, but the medical services almost seem like a joke. Both times I saw her to try to get help with tenderness and metatarsal swelling, what she did made the situation worse. She seems to make treatment decisions based on what my insurance will pay for rather than what's actually called for. Her bedside manner, too, is atrocious, as are the weirdly stiff manners of her assistant. I got tired of being snapped at and scolded and having her and her assistant walk away in the middle of my saying something. She has many good reviews on review sites, but I have serious questions about her approach to diagnosis and treatment. Tired of her skepticism when I told her the over-the-counter inserts she gave me were too painful to wear and a little appalled that she jumped right up to sclerosing shots because my insurance would pay for that although not for custom orthotics. Perhaps she is only concerned about getting paid. I swear she wasn't going to rest until I left there in a wheelchair. I have an appointment with another doctor I hope will give me actual help.

Submitted October 25, 2014