Ratings for Dr. Carl Wagreich

I had a growth on my foot I was concerned about. After talking about everything except my problem he tried to sell me some cheap cream andthen started talking about some pyramid sceme. Totally unprofessional. His office was old, dirty and smelled.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

SHADY SHADY SHADY I needed 3 little skin calluses removed from my foot. I know its cosmetic procedure because my primary physician told me so a few months ago. I looked on the Blue Shield website for a podiatrist nearby figuring even if I have to pay for it maybe I can get something from the insurance. This office is 3 blocks from my office so I walk over and ask how much it will cost to have these removed. I am told the Insurance website is slow and they will call in 20 minutes to tell me the price, but not to worry its probably covered. They do call, to confirm my next days appt, but don't mention the cost. Meanwhile, I took the paperwork with me, and it is 9 pages of financial disclaimers, RED FLAG. When I arrive again for my appt, I ask the final cost because I'm sure they are going to try and bill my insurance, but its going to be declined, and I want to know what I am going to have to pay. They keep insisting that its only a $20 copay and I shouldn't worry. I'M WORRIED. I ask, may I just see someone to give me the cost, lets pretend I never mentioned insurance? They tell me that I have 3 primary physician visits a year before my deductible, and in that visit, I will be told the cost. I don't want to use my primary physician visits just to get a price. Finally someone comes out to tell me the cost is $750. I don't want to pay it so I left. I'm pretty sure they will try to charge my insurance anyway for a consultation so I called Blue Shield to advise them not to pay because there were no services provided. SHADY

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

This so called doctor is a joke!! I went in for a simple toe pain and he star Hi d telling me he wanted to do all kinds of surgery on me. Be careful, this slimy snake oil sellsman is only looking out for his own wallet. His overbilling of my insurance for a 10 Min office visit is fraudulent!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Carl Wagreich's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1978)