Ratings for Dr. Vandana Madkan

I have had a serious skin condition for several years and have seen many different dermatologists. Dr. Madkan was the best dermatologist I have ever seen by far. She was very thorough and I could tell she put care and thought into the medications she prescribed. I have never been happier with a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I waited for 30 minutes, scolded for having light skin and had none of my suspicious moles tested

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I found her to be very knowledgeable and friendly. She was direct and to the point, but was able to do it with great bedside manner. She was cautious in her practice, but not cutting-happy either. I found her to be the best dermatologist I have every worked with. I definitely plan on returning.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

First visit and a very good one. A very polite and knowledgeable dermatologist with a wonderful bedside manner. Very impressive background with residency at MD Anderson.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I will never go back to this dr. again. Not only was she unprofessional, she prescribed $820 worth of medication. Some had generic but she refused to change the rx. Dr. note for school was also an issue. Her staff refused to write a PE note for my teenager for more than two days. Beyond ridiculous! Again, she is the worst dermatologist I have ever dealt with!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

I had a skin problem that persisted for 4 years. I came to Dr. Madkan's office and the treatment plan she put me on worked in 3 days.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I feel like I need to get a second opinion after seeing her. She spent less than a minute with me and did not actually look at the area of skin I was questioning. I still have the same issue and she did not offer a solution only to tell me that it could be a side effect from a previous pregnancy. I will going to see a new Dermatologist for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

I don't suggest this doctor. I spent less than 5 minutes with Dr.Madkan, all of which was spent using my own diagnosis; there was no alternative diagnosis. While she was nice enough, she was too "wet behind the ears" to have an actual practice. Her solution seems to be to just throw antibiotics at everything and see how things turn out. I won't be returning.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Vandana Madkan's Credentials

• Spanish

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2004)