Ratings for Dr. Seymour Baxter

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to see Dr. Baxter, b/c he is NUTS! When I saw him I was 19 (way back in 1990), and suffering from horrific panic attacks. "Dr." Baxter talked at me for about 15 mins., admitted me to the hospital, put me on prozac, tofranil, desyrel, and xanax, ALL AT THE SAME TIME, and then left town. When my family and I complained b/c I was passing out and loopy from the drugs, the "Dr." said that I was "faking" and noncompliant (b/c I hadn't gone to group therapy ... b/c I was so out of it that I didn't even know my name, let alone that I was supposed to go to group therapy!), and refused to release me from the hospital. I left AMA, then saw a specialist in anxiety disorders, Dr. Randolph Nesse, at the U of M in Ann Arbor. He immediately took me off of everything except the xanax, taught me how to control my breathing to lessen the severity of attacks, taught me about anxiety disorders, and then carefully and slowly figured out a drug that worked for me (prozac).

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

The most knowledgeable psychiatrist in the state about medications. On the cutting edge of the field, yet also compassionate and caring.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Extremely knowledgable , effective, compasionate

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

needs to have license revoked. uses more drugs than perscribes. looses a lot of patients to suicide

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007

I visited him twice for ADD. On the second occasion he took a long phone call on my time and had his large dog there licking me. When I told him I didn't appreciate the germs he told me that was part of my ADD problem! I never went back.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Had only two visits. On second visit Dr mixed me up with another patient and would not be corrected. He kept insisting that I engaged in risky behavior, fast wild driving, had many traffic tickets, none of which is true. Perhaps this is an acceptable psychiatric technique to get a rise out of the patient. I did rise from my chair, quietly, to leave never to return.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2006

Dr. Seymour Baxter's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1957)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Birmingham, MI