Ratings for Dr. Todd V. Swanson

Had Hip replacement in 05 started having pain in the hip a while later Dr who did the surgery totally did not care..was in pain and saw several specialist who could not find the problem ...went to Swanson, took one look at Xray said you need revision surgery... no more pain...I would say he is a Doctor's Doctor...cleans up other doctor's mistakes...

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Excelent surgeon. I had a total shoulder replacement. I was back playing golf in six weeks. My shoulder is 100% after a year. I had very little pain and refused prescription pain medication.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

STAFF IS HORRIBLE...KNOW ONE EVER RETURNS CALLS....SAW THE DOCTORS ONCE BEFORE SURGERY AND THE DAY OD SURGERY. NEVER AGAIN. ALWAYS DELT WITH PA..ALWAYS RUNS BEHIND SCHEDULE

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

I was 40 when I needed a hip replacement and it was very difficult to find a surgeon who was qualified to help me. As a young patient I required a surgeon who was an expert in the latest technology. I was thrilled when I found Dr. Swanson who was one of the first surgeons in the US who was working with ceramic/ceramic hip replacements which were much longer lasting than traditional hip replacments and perfect for young patients. Additionally, Dr. Swanson was an expert in mini-incision hip replacement. My hip replacement with Dr. Swanson was nothing less than a miracle and I have a small 3 inch incision. I have had my hip replacement for 8 years and I have never had a problem or hip pain at all. I lead a very active life and participate in all kinds of exercise. Dr. Swanson is a very kind hearted, compassionate doctor who is genuinely concerned about his patients. Dr. Swanson is well known for his expertise in the latest technology. I highly recommend him for joint replacement surgery.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

My first hip surgery was 4/02 which was infected for over a year before Dr. Swanson deemed it necessary to operate. I am an RN and could no longer walk. I complained 2-3 times per month about hip pain. I was treated in the emergency room for multiple dislocations and I once went in for an infected incision. The ER Nurse hung a bag of Ciprofloxin and Dr. Swanson said that it wasn't necessary because "it was surface level and a reaction to the skin cleanser". Hah! Surprise, Dr. Swanson, it wasn"t! I had Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus. I had to wait for a month to have surgery after he finally decided to operate because Dr. Swanson had to fly to Japan to lecture for the prosthesis company that supplies the hip parts. All of this has led to removing my hip, hyperbaric oxygen treatments, massive doses of antibiotics, numerous hospitalizations and 16 hip surgeries to date. I have also lost my career as a nurse. This is all due to neglience. Yet,I have no legal grounds!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

He fixed what another surgeon messed up. He is extremely compassionate and cares about his patients. When you talk to him, you have his undivided attention.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. Todd V. Swanson's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet