Ratings for Dr. Janet N. Wallace

Dr. Wallace is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful person who doesn't treat her patients like a number. She gets to know you and spends time with her patients. In her previous office, the wait was usually long but since she has moved to her new office with Valley Health, there really has not been more than a 5-10 minute wait any of the three times I've been there. Dr Wallace has treated many members of my family and she takes an interest in her patients. If she cannot diagnose a problem, she will send you to a specialist who can. She listens to her patients and respects the fact that we know our bodies better than anyone. My mother was diagnosed with lymphoma over five years ago. Had it not been for the persistence of Dr. Wallace, we probably would not have gotten a diagnosis as quickly as we did and would not have had the additional years with her that we had. After her death, Dr Wallace called to offer her condolences to the family. Dr. Wallace is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. Wallace may be a nice woman, but she is not a very good doctor. My mother tried to have her diagnose an illness for 3 months, calling and visiting at least 10 times. Turned out it was lung cancer. Dr. Wallace had not seen it on an x-ray months before that. She didn't even do a follow up x-ray after my mother had pneumonia.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

she is the very best understandable person, doctor. help you in every way she can. she is really best doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I find Dr. Wallace very personable and knowledgable. She has helped me through several problems. Her most important quality, to me, is that she listens, actally listens to what I have to say. She respects a person's knowledge of their own body. She does listen and if she thinks there is a better way to take care of something she goes that way. She always calls me back, even in the middle of the night - even though she has children at home, she still cares for her patients. In an emergency she makes time to see you. My only complaint is that I often have to wait a long time to see her in her office (at times more then an hour). But she is worth the wait. She always takes time to listen to me and not treat me as just a number.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

I really liked Janet Wallace. It seems like there is always a long wait..like a few hours. I think staff could be alittle more prompt on scheduling test and giving response on blood work. But again, Janet is very personable and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

I like Janet, but you have to wait a long time to see her, she spends a lot of time with her patients

flag | Submitted July 14, 2006

Dr. Janet N. Wallace's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 1992)