Ratings for Dr. Mostafa A. Farache

My father had a stroke in 2010. Consulting neurologist said he was "premorbid" and might need a walker. Dr. Mostafa Farache saw my father upon referral from attending physician. He confirmed that my father also suffered from Parkinson's and needed Parkinson's meds for gait difficulty, balance problems, jerky left hand. Very polite. Very thorough. Very patient explanation. I did not have the language difficulty described by another commenter.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Very smart doctor, the only thing was I don't agree with what he said was NOT causing my symptoms. he diagnosed me with agenesis of corpus callosum and septo optic dysplasia, reffered me to an endocrinologist but also said there isn't much anyone can do for me. he did fully explain my diagnosis and showed me what he was talking about on my CT scan. I feel more could have been done to make my life bearable though, through medications. But he was the FIRST nuero that gave me the correct diagnosis so at least now I know what I am dealing with:)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

During my initial visit to Dr. Farache I was impressed with his thoroughness with ordering tests. Unfortunately, during my follow-up appointments he not only contradicted information he relayed to me previously, but he was condescending, scoffed at me for reporting symptoms that he stressed I should report immediately if I experienced any. He gave me outdated information regarding a disease that he speculated I had, which contradicted information I found at the mayo clinic's website as well as several others. There is a definite language barrier as well, he is difficult to understand and often mistakes words: example: term Abortion was used when "miscarriage" would have been accurate.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Mustafa is awesome. I think he is the best neurologist ever. I wish we had more doctors like him in this area.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011