Ratings for Dr. Kevin Hsiung

I disliked Dr. Hsiung from the first visit. Always felt rushed and did not feel listened to during appts. During labor he was terrible. Within 30 minutes of being monitored and experiencing a few dips in baby's heart rate, he recommends pitocin to hurry labor. I refused. He directed his questions and suggestions to my husband, not to me. He barely looked at me. He rushed me everytime he came in to the room. During delivery he inserted his hand into the birth canal which was excruciatingly painful but did not warn me or tell me why he was doing it. Immediately after the birth he repaired a small perinneal tear which could have healed on it's own. He jabbed me hard with the anesthetic needle several times and gave no time for anesthetic to work before he began stitching. I cried in pain and told him to wait. He again jabbed me very hard with the needle a few times and went to work again. Barely said good bye and was gone. Checked back later for about 5 min. Asked no follow up questions.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Would recommend Dr. Hsiung to anyone looking for an OBGYN! He was very caring and took the time to explain everything to me so that I understood. Very willing to work with me and make me feel comfortable. His staff was also very warm and welcoming! Very easy to schedule appointments and a quick turn around and response on any tests performed. I couldn't be happier with my choice of Dr. and staff!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

I absolutely would recommend, and have recommended, this doctor to my friends and peers whether they needed simple checkup or had other ob/gyn issues. He and his staff were A+ in keeping me relaxed during my procedure. Everything was explained to me in a way I could understand. He and his nurse were knowledgeable, friendly and always quick to call me back. I wouldn't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Kevin Hsiung's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 2005)