Dr. Allan D. Tripp Nanney

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Allan D. Tripp Nanney

This is the surgical experience that I have ever had. I have had to have 4 other surgeries and this by far was the greatest result that occurred even with issues that we did not discuss or expect. I have needed to take nerve medication to treat severe tremors in both hands. Since the day of the surgery over 6 weeks ago I have not needed to take a single pill to address the tremors and this was an issue that it never occurred to me that would be corrected. I came out of surgery and immediately noticed that for the first times in years I did not feel the pain in my hands and I also did not have any severe or any tremors at all. I was afraid to say it out loud in case it might come back. I am so thankful for this surgeon and his team that addressed all of my needs and concerns that I had including my fears of this procedure. And for the reason that I went to him was to be able to have movement in my neck which had basically felt that I would never know the freedoms of just being able to turn my neck from side to side without experiencing severe pain. There were several other surgeons who was going to perform a fusion of my spine for 5 thru 7 and the movement would never be there again. Because of his procedure I have full range of movement and it truly is a blessing that I did not even imagine being able to experience again. If anyone has a problem with their spine this is truly the only team to go to. He will never guarantee results; however; he will do everything humanly possible to get the greatest results.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2020

Dr. Nanney literally saved my life. I went to the emergency room with “stroke like” symptoms and was soon diagnosed with a spinal cord compression that would continue to progress until it killed me. Dr. Nanney was my surgeon and did my decompression and fusion surgery from my occipital to my neck. The surgery was lengthy and risky but Dr. Nanney put myself, and my family, at the most ease that he could. The surgery was very successful and I already have motor skills improving (Three weeks post surgery) that I had slowly been losing for several months! This has been an amazing side benefit from the surgery as I chose surgery to prolong my life, not for any other benefits. Dr. Nanney himself is kind, caring and very responsive to my questions and needs. I highly recommend him To anyone who is considering him for their surgery. You won’t find a better surgeon anywhere else. Thank you, B. Marks

flag | Submitted December 17, 2019

Dr. Nanney gave me good advice and options regarding treating a ruptured L4/L5 disc, recommending surgery, which is subsequently decided to do. He was very helpful in getting me into surgery quickly, which was successful. His follow-up has been great and my recovery has been good. I will recommend him and this practice.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

Dr. Nanney gave me back my life. I had a pinched nerve for two years. He did a surgery on my lower back L5 S1 and I couldn’t thank him enough! I’m finally pain free! Three months post surgery and I feel great! Very good surgeon! Thank you Dr Nanney and his staff!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2019

I met Dr.Nanney with a messed up spianl cord stimulator and now i have a new stim in a better location. I wish him the best. Great surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2019

Dr. Nanney restored me to a normal life. We first met in ER where he was called to consult on my condition. My spine above a previous fusion had deteriorated such that I was in severe pain and was losing control of my legs and other bodily functions. The surgeon who did the previous surgeon had told me no more surgery could be done because I would likely “die on the table”, and that pain management was my only option. Dr. Nanney reviewed my scans and concluded that further surgery was complex and risky but could be managed and that without surgery the resulting nerve damage would likely leave me with paralysis in addition to the incredible pain. He performed another spinal fusion the next morning. He and his team brought me through the surgery safely, and his expertise gave me the chance to regain the ability to walk and allowed restoration of bodily function control. I told him he was a miracle worker, and for me, he clearly demonstrated it. Jenny

flag | Submitted February 20, 2019

Since Dr. Nanney did my neck surgery I have more strength and movement in my left arm. Thank you so very much.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Dr. Nanney is fantastic. I completely credit him with the fact that I can still walk. The back surgery he performed gave me back the control of my legs. His staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2019

After a significant period of severe back pain, my visit to Dr. Nanney ended with a prompt diagnosis and a quick time period for a surgical solution. The surgery ended up flawless, with a complete reduction in pain. His staff was amazing and his expertise and friendless were exceptional. I cannot recommend him or his staff more highly. I couldn't have asked for more.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Tried the conservative approach initially, including ESI for L4/5 ruptured disc. After no relief from the conservative stuff, Dr Nanney performed the discectomy. He thoroughly explained the procedure and it all went just as he said it would. Had my 2 week follow up appointment today and am looking forward to starting PT in 4 weeks.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Allan D. Tripp Nanney's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nanney’s areas of clinic interest are broad and include minimally invasive spine and complex spine surgery, spinal deformity correction surgery and general cranial neurosurgical pathologies. Dr. Nanney completed two fellowship programs, on in minimally invasive spine surgery and complex spinal deformity correction and skull base and open cerebrovascular surgery.

• University of North Carolina Chapel Hill