Ratings for Dr. Richard T. Nelson

He is very rude and acts like your wasting his time, arrogant. Will never go back

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Absolutely no personality. Doesn't listen to the patient about what is going on. Told me that my symptoms weren't thyroid related, though they are. My blood tests weren't 'low' enough to be of concern, he said. He cancelled my yearly visit for my nodules on my thyroid. My suggestion is to find another thyroid doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I was informed there was not only no reason for my visit but had he viewed my file (consult from my GP) prior to the date of my appointment he would have "saved me the trouble". This is after I waited a month and a half for this appointment. I would not send anyone to this service as I feel those who are ill or feeling abnormal deserve to be treated with respect. He spent the remainder of the appointment asking me the questions directly from the forms I completed prior to coming to the appointment.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

I would not send anyone to this Dr. he has just been certified in 2010 for Endocronology and seemed to know little of how to treat it or diabetes. No personality and suggested I stay with my GP instead of specialist?? I now have major problems that are requiring a specialist but he will not be it.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

This doctor has no regard for a patients best interests, has a 6 month waiting list for established patients and has way too much of a patient load. Two Endo's left this office and have not been replaced, therefore he has 3 doctors worth of patient load!! Doesn't even have time to spend 10 minutes with you. Has limited knowledge on insulin pumps & continuous glucose monitoring, you go across the hall to the Diabetes Education Office. They will only work with Medtronic CGM and pumps. Found a new Endo and am NEVER going back!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Very thorough exam, asked probing questions regarding issues and concerns. Sought my input and discussed all issues in detail.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Left office feeling good about the appt. He asked many questions, asked how I felt, and spent a good amount of time talking to me. Did not seemed rushed. Best Endo I have seen yet.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

This doctor is only concerned about treating the numbers not the patient. Tried telling me the armour thyriod I have been on was unsafe and I needed to go off it before he would continue to see me. When armour thyriod is the only thyriod med that has worked for me. He wanted to do this while I was pregnant with twins. At all cost avoid this doctor otherwise you will be severly undertreated for your thyriod disease.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011