Ratings for Dr. Lucy McShane

Dr. McShane is a warm, caring, personable and compassionate doctor who knows how to listen to her patients. She has gone above and beyond to provide me with first class health care.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. McShane as my new family doctor. She assessed on our first meeting that I was at risk for a particular health condition and had me tested. Well, she was right! I had seen two specialists in the past who had not thought of this condition impacting me! I am very grateful that I now have an answer and that I can be treated appropriately. Further, I have found Dr. McShane to be warm, caring and exceptionally compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I still can't believe my good fortune in finding Dr. McShane when I moved to Lynn Valley 4 yrs. ago. I had been without a doctor for a year after leaving Richmond and Dr. Segoran , our wonderful family doctor. From the first visit and the way she sat forward in her chair, listening to me I knew I had found an exceptionally compassionate and caring doctor. She is a superb diagnostician who misses nothing. I just can't praise her highly enough. 5 stars are too few.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I am exceptionally please with Dr. McShane's services and level of knowledge. She accepted my family as a client when we moved to BC from NS last year and has been available whenever we have needed her. She is more compassionate than many doctors I have experienced, and highly knowledgeable and proactive. We feel very fortunate to have found a physician of this quality so quickly.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

A wonderful doctor! Caring, compassionate, smart and nice! Feel fortunate to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I really like Dr. Lucy McShane. She is very knowledgeable. Dr. McShane is caring and compasionate. She takes the time to listen, and answers all your questions. You never feel rushed. She is also great with little kids too. Her receptionist is great at follow up.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. McShane has been my GP since I was a child. She is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and up-to-date on new treatments. Her understandinh of mental health is phenomenal. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Very helpful. We were new in town and she listened carefully to our concerns. She recommend specialists, something our previous doctor was usually reluctant to do. We recommended Dr. McShane to a friend whose previous doctor retired. This friend also speaks highly of her. Another thing we appreciate is that we usually are taken into the examining room within 5 minutes of checking in.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

I could not get her to listen to me and get a diagnosis. I had a head injury and developed a heart arythmia the ECG results she never told me about, and a chronic visual problem. She kept telling me to 'go for walks I'd feel better'. I had to beg her for referrals, and the doctors she sent me to were also useless or misdignosed me. I didn't get results for blood tests, cat scan results were misplaced. I am now being fully tested for autoimmune/Lupus? which is what I suspected all along, told Dr. McShane, and has been suggested by a leading eye specialist. It is frustrating to be treated by doctors who can't SEE your problem then dismiss it. As a result I have suffered with vision loss and pain plus other symptoms for 2 years. She delayed diagnosis with limited vision, treating me as psychosomatic a great diservice by filtering this attitude to others. My new doctor was disturbed by her ambivalence. Those with chronic illness stay away. She will tell you to go for a walk, literally.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

The best of the best. She is a superb doctor for our whole family- highly knowedgable, up-to-date on the newest information, caring and warm. My teenaged daughters love and trust her, too. She is fabulous.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011