Ratings for Dr. Melissa Kotkas

I have really enjoyed the care I have received from Dr.Kotkas. She is personable and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

The worst doctor I have ever seen. She suggested a naturopathic doctor and said I would have to heal myself. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I have been her patient for many years and unless I have to, I will never go to another Doctor. She is a wonderful and a kind and generous human being

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I found her knowlegeable and pleasant. My main concern was that I was prescribed a drug suspended in peanut oil and think she should always inquire about food allergies. I was lucky I read all the fine print. Her clinic did catch a problem that my family doc missed so I am grateful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr Kotkas is one of the nicest physicians I have ever dealt with. The first time I met her she even told me I could call her Melissa. That was many years ago now but at that time to caught my thyroid desease hushimotos thyroiditis. I've read some of these previous ratings and I just don't agree with these negative ones as I have never had a negative experience with her. I wouldn't you want your Dr to know your prescription history so she takes proper care of you. She is one of the best doctors I've met and has taken very good care of me.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Good doctor, this is a walk in clinic but she takes the time to check on previous results or xrays . Disagree with last review . Colds can change and just because you are checked by a doctor one day doesn't mean the next day things haven't changed as they can progress so not doctor's fault just the way illness is.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

I took my six years old daughter after three days of fever and bad caught to see Dr.Kotkas. She said it's virus and nothing to worry about. I asked couple of times to check more carefully as I'm mom and know when the child is really sick. She ignored and laughed at my comments. Two days later I took her to another doctor and at that time it was bronchitis and they sent her to chest x-ray to make sure it's not pneumonia. There was cracking sound in the left lung that Dr. Kotkas couldn't recognize. We paid babysitter to stay with her between those two visits to get enough rest so I'm sure bronchitis wasn't developed in those two days. If she was given antibiotics on time I'm sure the results would be different.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

My encounter with Dr. Kotkas was unpleasant. It seems that when I was at the walk-in clinic three days earlier, I was given an antibiotic Rx but that further checking failed to indicate that I had an infection. I returned to the clinic because I was experiencing inexplicable muscle aches from the nitrofurantion. I was spoken to as if I were a criminal, I suppose because I was being treated for something that I didn't appear to have after all. So that means that I should be spoken to coarsely??? I have MS for which I'm self-catheterizing, and was experiencing frequent, small-volume urination. She suggested that my frequent urination might mean I had diabetes. No, I grew up with a sibling who developed diabetes. The frequent urination of diabetes is high volume urination accompanied by raging thirst as the body tries to eliminate the large amount of sugar in the urine. In sum, I was treated rudely for no reason and an unjustified alternative diagnosis was suggested.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

I had a great experience with Dr. Kotkas and would go back to her in a heartbeat for anything. She was quick to see me, her personality and demeanor were very pleasant and she was very genuine. All in all, I felt much better leaving the doctor's office/Medi-Centre...which isn't always the case. Would recommend her to anyone looking for a GP.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

I have had two very positive experiences with this doctor at the walk in clinic. She took her time in explaining her diagnosis, and offered helpful advice to remedy my condition. She took the time to look into my recent testing history, which I found helpful because then I didn't have to go for more tests. Her personality wasn't cheery, as others have mentioned on this site, but I don't see a doctor to be entertained. She was knowledgeable and friendly, and I will ask for her in the future.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011