Ratings for Dr. Virginia Calverley

Absolutely terrible experience. She was arrogant and rude beyond belief. She handled me so roughly and disrespectfully that if a male doctor had handled my exam in the same way, I would have charged him with sexual assault. It was deliberately demeaning. It was horrific and left me feeling that I had been assaulted and violated. She despises you questioning her. Just exactly what women DON'T need when trying to find help! Never, never, never again.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

She took excellent care of my Mom. She explained everything to us patiently and made sure we understood it all. After Mom's surgery she came out and talked to me and even drew me a little picture to better explain what was done. Her follow up care was excellent as well. Mom and I were very happy with her.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Calverley is knowledgable, kind, easy to talk to and very compassionate. She performed my surgery (removed a breast cancer tumour) after thoroughly explaining to me and my husband what she was going to do and why. As mentioned in previous reviews, she did hold my hand as I was going under in the operating room which was a huge comfort to me as I was very upset. My incisions healed beautifully and I am cancer-free! Dr. Calverley is the model of what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

She made me feel like I wasted her time and because my fibroadenoma (tumor) is benign, told me "it's not big enough yet to remove" WTF?!? I was there for 2 hrs and she spent all of 10 minutes with me. Her "intern" was useless and had to "Google" some of the words to explain them to me. WOW!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

The Breast Care Centre at the IWK hospital is very efficient. I was there prior to my surgery for diagnostic mammograms and a biopsy. They don't keep you waiting, and I found the staff to be very thoughtful. Dr Calverley clearly explained what the surgery entailed. Benign atypical cells had to be removed. She listened and had time for me. An RN then filled me in on details of how to prepare for surgery, logistics etc. She later did pre admission by a scheduled phone appointment. On surgery day an RN took a detailed history, went over meds and consulted with a pharmacist on possible interactions. I felt like the whole team was looking out for my interests. The OR nurses and anesthetist were very kind and explained information clearly. Dr Calverley spent time with me before the surgery and I felt totally at ease. She held my hand as I was going to sleep. I felt I was in a totally competent environment. During the follow up interview, she explained the lab findings and next steps. This could not have been a better experience.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

If you don't fit in the box of an ultrasound and mammo finding your lump, she ignores the lumps, bloody discharge and itchy....the most horrible experience and no further ahead...when I challenged her, she became extremely arrogant, I'm sure she has helped so many however she is letting others fall through the cracks.....

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

had two breast surgeries performed by Dr. Calverley and she followed me the past five years and I'm cancer free. I want to thank her and her staff because they were more than excellent. Dr,Calverley is very compassionate and she knows what she doing! Thank you! Thelma

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Listens, explains things for anyone to understand. Even held my hand in OR until I was asleep since I was very stressed. No medical person has ever done that before but especially not the surgeon who is about to operate on you. Very caring.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

She is an amazing caring Doctor. She is quiet, she listens responds to questions in a way one can understand. When you go to a surgeon like her you are there for a very serious surgery, so you are naturally stressed. I found her very calming and understanding. I had two surgeries done by her and both times , she was so calming while I was being prepped in the OR. I felt that she new exactly what she was doing and she would do a great job. She did. For that I am very appreciative. She is the best, great bedside manner and very careing

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I have read so many negative comments about Dr. Calverley, and am shocked... If anyone reads this feel rest assured, you will always feel like you are her only patient, from the start to the finish... I've had MANY bad experiences with Dr's. but she is a Dr. through and through, with so much care... If you get her, you are one lucky person, she is amazing... If you are lucky enough to get Dr. Calverley, you are a very lucky person... She is amazing, don't ever look back, no need...

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014