Facebook Pixel

Ratings for Dr. Timothy Florin

3
Staff
3
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
3
Knowledge

Dr Florin is clearly knowledgeable about inflammatory bowel disease and he does spend his time listening to your situation. However he discounts the side effects of drugs. In fact he made the ridiculous statement that "we would just stop the medication if you get cancer and then fix the cancer". He will answer emails after a consultation. However, if you ask for a recommendation to a surgeon he will not respond. This does not say much for his interest in the patient and suggests pure self-interest. If you want to get drugs, see him. If you want a well rounded opinion then you're in the wrong place.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I feel so lucky to have found a specialist who is not only very knowledgeable but also very friendly and caring. I find he is willing to spend time with you, and does take the time to listen. He is very thorough and as he does Research as well is up with the latest literature. Because of this, he is happy to prescribe medications (with caution) based on the research relevant to you. This is especially helpful to me as I have a rare disease with few treatment options. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

4
Staff
2
Punctuality
4
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Professor Florin is a highly competent and knowledgeable specialist. His work load ,one feels creates a tendency for him to forget details on individual cases at times. As for actually listing to patients, I agree with the previous reviewer. He is not adverse to prescribing medications that are not specifically tailored to address Crohn's Disease, but accepts that severe side effects often are very challenging and vary from one patient to another. To his credit, unlike some physicians he is not unwilling to refer people to surgical care when every other avenue of treatment has been exhausted.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

3
Staff
2
Punctuality
3
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr Florin REALLY knows his stuff. He is very thorough but tends to go by the book most of the time, rather than get creative. He doesn't always listen to the patient, but when he does, he REALLY does. Would be great if he was more interested in what the patient had to say more often. However, 80% of the time he's great, and even the other 20%, you won't find a more knowledgeable Gastroenterologist. Worth it just for that fact alone! Definitely try to see him privately though, otherwise you will quite literally be waiting months on a list, then hours in the hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Rate this Doctor

Dr. Timothy Florin's Credentials


Facility Affiliations


Accepting New Patients

Unavailable


Biography

Unavailable


Languages

Unavailable


Education

Unavailable


Other Specialties

Unavailable


Areas of Expertise

Unavailable


Awards & Recognitions

Unavailable


Publications & Research

Unavailable


Insurance accepted by this Doctor

Other patients have successfully used these insurance providers, please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.
Aetna
Blue Cross / Blue Shield
  • Bcbs Florida
Champus/Tricare
CIGNA
Medicare
Tricare
United Healthcare


Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest health news and tips.