Ratings for Dr. Andries Esterhuizen

A no nonesense kind of Dr, the kind I like! He is both my granddaughter’s and my Dr. I find he listens and is thorough with both of us! He seems to me the kind of Dr who will do the work with you but won’t chase you and hold your hand if you are unwilling to do your part, which I absolutely respect. Dr E has seen me through a great deal...I have zero complaints with regard to the care and support I have received from Dr E or the staff. If I had 1 complaint, it would be that it takes so long to get an appointment but that is neither the Dr’s or staff’s fault.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Years ago I would recommend DrE. Now he is too busy to care, neglectful when you do finally get to see him and the front staff are the worst to deal with. One lady in particular. She makes you feel like a hassle and treats everyone less than her. Look into a different Doctor. Don't waste your time. I've lost my health, lost so much work and my life is now upside down from dealing with this office and Dr E. Worst experience ever. People say there's resources at our fingertips and tons of support. Not from Dr E and his dragon lady at the desk!!! If I could rate staff as a 0 I would!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

At times it's hard to get through to the main desk as the answering machine tells you that they're busy. Other than that, I've had him as a Doc for years, probably since he moved here. I really like him as a Doctor and the staff aren't overly friendly, but also aren't rude either, they go about their business professionally. So overall, it's a great place if you can get through to book an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Excellent Doctor, thorough and extremely. Diligent .

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Doesn't seem to listen intently nor does he seem to acknowledge or believe patient symptoms. He's pretty quick to hand out anxiety medication. Things start off friendly, but quickly turn rude and abrupt.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Esterhuizen a few times since he first began working in the area. He was so kind and sympathetic when I first came to him almost 8 years ago - and also very determined to get to the bottom of the issues I had been dealing with. We weren't able to pinpoint or diagnose anything, and sometimes that's just the way it goes. I live as best as I can and I'm very well aware that doctors are not wizards and don't expect there to be an answer for everything. The past 2 years however has been quite debilitating for me, I finally sought his advice - but I felt very shrugged off at my last visit. He was extremely quick to suggest that it was anxiety and wanted to prescribe medication. I felt as though he didn't hear me at all, and I was completely on the verge of tears because I felt so misunderstood. It takes a lot for me to admit that I've suffered enough to seek help. I had to leave my job since I was having severe vertigo and fainting episodes at work. Bending over or turning my head in certain positions would send me into a blackout. I have a nearly constant headache, and difficulty breathing on a regular basis. Perhaps he's a bit burnt out with his work and doesn't have the patience that he used to. He's a good man and I do respect him...but I will seek another doctor's advice in hopes of getting some better information.

Submitted December 31, 2016

Hands out prescriptions with debilitating side effects based on inconclusive test results and then fails to take any responsibility or help you in any way, shape or form when severe side effects take place. Not going to go into detail and I am not trolling. Take you and your loved ones somewhere else because this man is not a doctor. Real doctors sit down with you and try to actually figure out what's wrong with you, not the opposite. I hope karma sorts you out.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Best Dr. in Athabasca. He has enriched this community in so many ways!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Sherri Anne was excellent. Able to get us in when I had a bad case of cellulitis. Excellent staff and doctor

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

a very good Doctor with his patients always being first in his mind. Too bad the front office staff are not very good.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016