Ratings for Dr. T Hawegi

Dr hawegi is very knowledgeable and helpful doctor.His staff as well very good and friendly especially Palvi from his staff. She is very friendly and caring lady. I am very satisfied with my doctor and recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Extremely knowledgeable and Friendly doctor . He listens and provides accurate and extremely well researched information and advice. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

In late 2016, we moved to Calgary. We had been attended to for over 30 years by our previous physician in Ontario and were very comfortable in the trusted care of our physician and the community clinic of which he was a part. We had some trepidation about changing physicians and moving from the Ontario to Alberta Health Care System. Our concerns were unwarranted. Ontario and Alberta health care provide an equally competent level of care. We are fortunate as Canadians to have government supported health services. In addition, we could not be more appreciative of the care afforded us by the Shawnessey Medical Centre. The staff is friendly and very competent. They listen to our concerns when we phone in and have been very accommodating in getting us in for appointments and following up with referrals and lab services. Dr. Hawegi interviewed us when we first came to the clinic, reviewed our records, our health history and treatment and did a thorough examination for both my wife and myself. It is clear that health care is more than finding a doctor to prescribe medications. It is about finding the balance between lifestyle, dealing with health challenges as they arise and taking personal responsibility for our own well-being.. I have every faith in Dr. Hawegi as our family physician and am very comfortable with his friendly, professional manner. We feel very fortunate to be in his care.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. T Hawegi is Verbally abusive. He was my family Doctor for about 2 years which is the shortest amount of time I have ever had a family physician for. When I first met him he was pleasant but once I decided to use him more permanently as my Family Doctor it wasn't long before he became verbally abusive, often complaining that my health issues were to complex. He yelled at me to the point of bring me hysterically to tears. Eventually he told me I was only allowed to discuss 3 health concerns per appointment which at first sounded reasonable, but it wasn't long after that, that I came to understand that what he meant was, that I was only allowed to discuss 3 Symptoms per appointment. I think most people including most doctors would agree that a Single health concern can have many more than 3 symptoms. I had been on a low dose of Trazodone for many years to combat insomnia and low grade depression and this treatment had served me well for many years. But it wasn't long after I began seeing Dr. Hawegi that he told me that he did not trust Trazodone because it was an "Older medication" He then proceeded to try and convince me to go on a "Newer Medication" instead The newer antidepressants he initially discussed were in a medication class that I had not been able to tolerate when I tried them in the past. l But I had been in a major car accident the year prior to meeting him and I had a lot of severe chronic pain from my injuries. I had heard that a certain medication was good for the type of pain I was experiencing and even though it was in the same class as the medication I had not been able to tolerate, the chronic pain combined with the doctors persistence, I finally gave in. That was a big mistake The medication did help my pain but made my overall mental and physical health substantially worse. Doctor Hawegi also had a strong tendency to Over Refer, initially I thought it was a good thing because so often many Doctors are reluctant to refer. But quickly it became apparent to me that his excessive Referring was just a way for Dr. Hawegi to avoid having to make any kind of diagnosis on his own. As far as the staff in the office go, when I first began going there the Staff were absolutely wonderful, but when the New hospital opened many of the reception and other frontend office staff left to work there. The new Staff that were hired proved be both incompetent , rude and often argumentative, with an unpleasantness equal to Dr. Hawegi. So eventually after an incident that left me crying inconsolably for a couple hours after a visit, I felt I could longer continue, I began getting anxiety attacks just at the thought of going to See Dr Hawegi. So I found a new Doctor Who is absolutely wonderful, kind, patient and thorough. But around a year or a year and a half ago we Faxed over a request for my medical records, 2 months ago I became aware that the Request was not fulfilled they had not received my medical records from Shawnessy medical Clinic! I was in the office as they faxed the request and was standing at reception when the Confirmation that the fax of the request was received, I remember it very clearly. So today when I called Shawnessy about why my medical records had not been sent to my new doctor, the receptionist became argumentative, She claimed they have never received the request and when I attempted to inform her that I knew they did because I was there when the confirmation of them receiving it came back, she proceeded to talk and yell over me and then got mad and threatened me with hanging up because I raised my voice in response to her yelling and talking over me. I told her that if she would just let me finish and quit talking over me I would not feel the need to raise voice. She finally let me finish my sentence and then asked me for the number to my New Doctors office, which I gave to her. I called my New Doctors office to inform them of the conversation and that they said they would be calling and requesting that the request for medical records form to be resent, while on that call I suddenly realised that the Reception at Shawnessy had not even taken my name and since my current number is not only different from the one I had on file at Shawnessy, but it is also private and does not show my name. Ironically when I called Shawnessy back about the fact that they could not request my Doctor to resend the Request for my file because the other receptionist Did Not even get my full name, they proceeded to Actually Lie to me Some more and tell me that she new my name and looked up my file based on my phone number. The number I called from I have only had for 3 months and it doesn't show my name because I have made it private! So on top of being argumentative the Staff at Shawnessy Will Blatantly Lie in order to attempt to discredit

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

He is a new doctor to the community. He seems to like making changes drugs that you have been taking in excess of 10 years without getting to know you and makes you feel he thinks he knows you better from reading your file for two minutes that you knowing your own body over the years. He is aggressive at getting his point across and not listening to you as the patient. I had to endure 3 return vists which cost me 330 kms on my vehicle just to get a prescription that I have been taking for a great number of years renewed. He makes me feel very uncomfortable as a patient. You should be able to discuss anything with your family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011