Ratings for Dr. Erle Schneidman

I thought everything was fine until my child had to be hospitalized because her teeth were so bad. We had just seen him and nothing had been done about it. No x-rays or anything. We are switching dentists ASAP.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

My husband and I were devastated! After being a patient of Dr. Erle Schneidman for over 5 years, we found out from our own dentist that our 12 year old daughter had 21 cavities that needed to be repaired and some of them, could eventually evolve to major work! Our dentist showed us the new x-rays to confirm the diagnosis. One can imagine how shocked and troubled we were when we found that out, especially when our daughter was being examined every 6 months by Dr. Schneidman’s team for a tooth-cleaning, followed by a checkup by Dr. Schneidman and none of these cavities were detected nor reported! To make thinks even more maddening, her last x-rays done by Dr. Schneidman’s team were only 6 month old! There are no words to express how furious we were when we learned about this whole situation.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Have been going to Dr Schneidman for 20 years now and cannot believe the bad ratings people have been giving him. One of the BEST dentists in my opinion, very knowledgeable, and caring for his patients. Never had a problem with him. Only thing is that his receptionist can be quite rude though

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Schneidman only cares for $$, he drilled too deep on my daughters cavity and now she has to get the tooth removed. He is a HORRIBLE dentist. I hope more people look at the reviews before trusting this butcher to their children!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Have been seeing this "dentist" for over 5 years now with my 12 year old. He is EXTREMELY difficult to talk to, never mind impossible to ask questions. Evades every concern a parent has. Very unfriendly and not interested in doing his job right. My child has had a receding gum line for some time now and every time we express concern, the question is completely avoided and we cannot get a straight answer and he rushes out of the room. His only concern is to fill a cavity in a baby tooth that he says will fall out in 9 months anyway. Does this make sense to anyone? Yes, it makes perfect sense... he is only interested in "plugging the holes" and not fixing the real problems = $$$. There have been other numerous situations such as this. Enough is enough. Avoid this dentist if you care about the health of your child's mouth. We have moved on to another dentist. There are plenty to choose from here on the West Island.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Awesome experience!! Best hygienist ever to work on my child... name is Rhonda.... kind and gentle and gave me great instructions to help with keeping his teeth cleaner! Dentist was good too. I will be bringing my child back and asking for her again!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I have been bringing my child to Erle Schneidman for far too long. I did NOT hv a good impression of him to begin with but gave him a chance & excused a few as "bad days". Every time I tried to ask a question he would appear to be running away in extreme hurry and there was no stopping him. With half his body out the door I would attempt to ask him a question or two and he would be extremely unhelpful and rude only stepping out with my child to tell me "cavity or no cavity" when in fact there are several obvious problems going on in my child's mouth. Clearly his only motivation is entirely $$$ related as he wants to put a filling into my child's baby tooth that will be there for only 9-12 months longer and that my child has not stated any discomfort with. My first impression was he is depressed. My experienced impression is HE DOES NOT CARE, HE IS RUDE AND HE IS DEPRESSED. There is maybe 1-2 hygenists that I've observed hv any knack with the kids. His front staff are just as horrible.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

I've had nothing but amazing experiences with Dr and staff! I can't imagine people saying anything otherwise. My daughter was terrified of the dentist when she was 3 and he was always so patient!She now loves to go (she's 8). So does her little sister. He doesn't talk fluff, he's to the point and matter of fact...which I totally appreciate! I would recommend him in a heart beat! I've even had to call his house on the weekend (he leaves his home number on answering machine) and he and his wife were great about it and helped my daughter right away!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Schneidman for my whole life now (20 years), and I have to say I'm very dissapointed regarding my dental care. He breezes over your mouth and barely takes a look. I had painful braces for almost 5 years, I was relieved to have them taken off at last. Since the removal of my braces, I had a total of 7 visits to Dr.Schneidman. However, none of the staff picked up that my teeth were moving during any of those visits. I had to get braces again, at my own expense. Also, none of the staff told me my gums were receding, I now need at least one gum transplant. To add on, no one ever told me that I needed all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed until I went to go see another dentist. Way to go. All these additionnal costs because of incompetency.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

The receptionnists are very rude - The should not be working with the public since they have no people skills - They are as rude in person as they are on the phone - I have sent an email to the dentist and I am waiting for an answer - I want him to tell me if he thinks if his staff behavior is acceptable

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012