Ratings for Dr. Erle Schneidman

Our son had his first visit with Dr Schneidman and his assistant Jody yesterday Oct 17 2018. This was his 3rd dentist and his 3rd attempt to have sealants and a repair to a molar. He was scared going in, heck so was I. Jody came out to greet my son and calmly, gently and with compassion introduced herself and explained that she and my son were a team that were going to work together to get through the appointment. She immediately connected with him, made him feel safe and like he had a person he could trust to help him through this appointment. She asked that she be given the chance to help my son through the appointment on her own but informed me that I could come into the office if I wanted to. I liked having the choice, I liked that she explained to me the choice and her reasons why she wanted me to remain outside INF FRONT of my son so he knew why I wasn't coming in with him. Dr Schneidman came out part way through the appointment to explain what was going on and what he needed to do, I found this very reassuring. The appointment lasted 20 minutes tops. It was totally covered by medicare which was awesome as well. As we were leaving my son said two important things, he said he liked this dentist because they gave him breaks when he needed them during the appointment and he asked if they could be his new dentist. I wanted to leave a detailed review for other parents who have children who are really scared of the dentist. This clinic had the absolutely PERFECT approach with my son. He might never love going to the dentist but at least they managed to get through to him and ease his fears. Thank you Dr Schneidman, Thank you Jody!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Was reffered to dr Sneidman for 1 childs porous teeth. Since, all he seems to have done are extractions. No explanations why, annoyed with any questions Last (never again) appt, my 6 yr old was screaming bloddy murder, screeching and crying OW OW OW. I went to the door 3 times and even asked if they were sure they froze him right. I tried to go in to calm my child and was told they dont want parents in room as it agitates child more. My son is now terrified of dentists. To make things worse, as my son cried the dentist kept telling him to stop being silly. My children have never had issues at the dentists before, never complained about any work or extraction. I am sick to my stomach at how my son was treated, still jabe no clue why or what was exactly done. I should have pulled him out of the chair. I am asking for my file on monday and never going back there. Worst dentist O have ever met.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

The receptionist Zoe is extremely rude. Dr Schneidman has the warmth of an android.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Schneiderboi is a real g. 10/10 would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I thought everything was fine until my child had to be hospitalized because her teeth were so bad. We had just seen him and nothing had been done about it. No x-rays or anything. We are switching dentists ASAP.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

My husband and I were devastated! After being a patient of Dr. Erle Schneidman for over 5 years, we found out from our own dentist that our 12 year old daughter had 21 cavities that needed to be repaired and some of them, could eventually evolve to major work! Our dentist showed us the new x-rays to confirm the diagnosis. One can imagine how shocked and troubled we were when we found that out, especially when our daughter was being examined every 6 months by Dr. Schneidman’s team for a tooth-cleaning, followed by a checkup by Dr. Schneidman and none of these cavities were detected nor reported! To make thinks even more maddening, her last x-rays done by Dr. Schneidman’s team were only 6 month old! There are no words to express how furious we were when we learned about this whole situation.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Have been going to Dr Schneidman for 20 years now and cannot believe the bad ratings people have been giving him. One of the BEST dentists in my opinion, very knowledgeable, and caring for his patients. Never had a problem with him. Only thing is that his receptionist can be quite rude though

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Schneidman only cares for $$, he drilled too deep on my daughters cavity and now she has to get the tooth removed. He is a HORRIBLE dentist. I hope more people look at the reviews before trusting this butcher to their children!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Have been seeing this "dentist" for over 5 years now with my 12 year old. He is EXTREMELY difficult to talk to, never mind impossible to ask questions. Evades every concern a parent has. Very unfriendly and not interested in doing his job right. My child has had a receding gum line for some time now and every time we express concern, the question is completely avoided and we cannot get a straight answer and he rushes out of the room. His only concern is to fill a cavity in a baby tooth that he says will fall out in 9 months anyway. Does this make sense to anyone? Yes, it makes perfect sense... he is only interested in "plugging the holes" and not fixing the real problems = $$$. There have been other numerous situations such as this. Enough is enough. Avoid this dentist if you care about the health of your child's mouth. We have moved on to another dentist. There are plenty to choose from here on the West Island.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Awesome experience!! Best hygienist ever to work on my child... name is Rhonda.... kind and gentle and gave me great instructions to help with keeping his teeth cleaner! Dentist was good too. I will be bringing my child back and asking for her again!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013