Ratings for Dr. Babak Maleki

Thank you Dr. Maleki and staff for the wonderful experience recently. I am a runner and had droopy lids. When I ran my upper lids would droop more and obscure my vision to the side. I felt like a horse with blinders on. Dr. Maleki performed surgery on both my upper lids and I am so pleased with not only the results but the kindness and professionalism shown by him and all his staff. Positive experience from start to finish!! :-)

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr Maleki is very professional and knowledgeable! Totally recommend him. He removed a bump from a upper eye lid of my mom two weeks ago. At the day of surgery he was very calm and supportive. He spent enough time to explain all the steps of surgery as well as the recover after. My mom is very happy with the result. Thanks a lot!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2019

Very professional. I had some questions which he answered by email. This saved me coming for second consult. I would strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

I was extremely happy with the treatment I received from Dr Maleki. His academic approach towards my problem was spot on. I had almost instantly relief from the medication he prescribed for my condition. I will without hesitation recommend him to any patient seeking ophthalmologist services. He has the skill knowledge above all found him very helpful composed in rendering the services. Way to go Dr Maleki ....please keep up the good work. Thank you for taking care of my ophthalmologist need with professionalism and efficiency.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

Thank you! I am so very pleased . I had been bothered by lower eye bags for years. Even though other people didn't think it was a problem, it is all I saw when I looked in the mirror. Dr. Maleki took the time to make sure things were just right with my procedure. His staff and nurse are wonderful and very caring. I am so glad I did it!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Doctor Maleki is amazing! I had 1 previous surgery to fix lower eyelid retraction/etropion from a bad lower bleph surgery from another doctor. The results caused some problems. Doctor Maleki was able to determine the problem right a way and he was able to do surgery to correct it. I had extreme anxiety from the previous surgeries not going well. Doctor Maleki made me feel so much less anxious. He is the most caring doctor i have ever met, he truly cares about his patients. It has been 2 months since my surgery and he has seen me everytime i have a question, his follow ups are great, he answers any question you have. People complain over the long wait times, well its because he never rushes his patients when they maybe have more questions, I dont mind waiting for a wonderful doctor like that!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2019

Dr. Maleki is a kind, professional, knowledgable Dr. Very pleased with my experience. Only down side was the long wait time to be seen. Especially for a quick post-op appt that took only a few minutes. I was seen over an hour and a half after my appt time.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

My eyelids were drooping so much that I was having problems reading, driving, headaches. they were so bad I was unable to correctly pass my eye examination. My doctor sent me to Dr. Maleki. Although I was unsure of being awake through the surgery,it was quickly completed and the results are astounding. I can read, watch TV, and drive without any issues. My vision is 20/20 again. I have my life back. Dr. Maleki is a very caring, competent doctor. He explained the procedure, answered all my questions before and after the surgery. He and his nurse provide a most friendly medical environment. I will be happy to return when my cataracts develop in the future.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2019

I highly recommend Dr. Babak Maleki. He is kind and attentive. The results of his surgery are exceptional. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

After having seen 9 doctors who could not help me, I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Malecki. I had a positive experience from start to finish. Dr. Maleki has an excellent bedside manner and is very patient. He performed a right eyelid ptsosis surgery and gave me back my eyesight. I would highly recommend him. Staff were very friendly also.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Babak Maleki's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Babak Maleki is an ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery as well as facial esthetic rejuvenation. He earned his Doctorate of Medicine degree from McMaster University in 2003. He then completed seven years of postgraduate training in ophthalmology and oculoplastic surgery and is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In 2010, he was recruited to Dalhousie University to become Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. As the sole oculoplastic surgeon in Atlantic Canada, he performed over 15,000 oculoplastic procedures and trained over 30 residents in ophthalmology, plastic surgery, ENT and maxillofacial surgery. In 2015, he joined the teaching faculty at the University of Toronto, in the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences. He has also served on ORBIS, an international non-profit organization dedicated to saving sight worldwide. Dr. Maleki is highly respected by his peers and has served as past president of the Canadian Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He remains an active member of the same society as well as a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Canadian Ophthalmology Society. He also serves as a journal reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology for his expertise in oculoplastic surgery.

• English
  • French
  • Persian

• McMaster University (Grad. 2003)
  • Dalhousie University (Grad. 2009)

UnitedHealthcare