Dr. Shalu Pal

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(55)

"My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in su..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Shalu Pal

Dr. Shalu Pal misdiagnosed my case. Turns out I simply had two styes. Instead, Dr. Pal claimed I had dry eye and blepharitis and insisted that I follow her protocol which included daily eye cleaning with a foaming type of tea tree oil. She warned that my case will get worse if I discontinue her treatment. Further, her staff recommended that I get an additional treatment in her office for $400, which thankfully I declined, and in retrospect was a money grab. After a few months of treatment, I developed jarring pains in my eyes that kept me up at night. I have since seen two ophthalmologists (MDs) who both confirmed that Dr. Pal misdiagnosed my case; I had neither dry eye nor belpharitis. As a consequence of her protocol I developed a condition called Chronic Corneal Erosion which results from trauma to the eye (like the protocol she recommended).

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

All team are amazing. Dr. Shalu Pal is amazing. She took the time to explain to me careful every single thing. I was afraid because English is not my first language but she made me feel comfortable. I'm really happy whit my sclera lens. Thanks every body.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Dr. Pal and her staff are helpful and kind. Combined with their expertise, you feel well looked after during both your appointment and the follow-up adjustments. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2019

Dr. Shalu Pal's office has been the worst experience. I went in for a lens fitting, which was going to be custom made and the payment was in two instalments (if I remember correctly, it was something like $400 for the tester contact lenses + $600 to complete the order). I came in for a fitting, they took the measurements, and told me they were going to call me once the sample contacts come in. I went in upon receiving their call and they provided me with the pair of contact lenses. They told me that if this pair did not fit my eye, they could place one more order for another sample pair but that was it. If that did not work either, too bad, you just paid $400 for two pair of contact lenses. I was to make the payment once I came in for a follow-up / to determine whether we should continue with this pair or try another pair of contact lenses. Because I had an outstanding balance, they called and emailed REPEATEDLY almost EVERY. OTHER. DAY! I would not have minded this if the following did not happen: I came in, made the $400 payment for ONE (1) pair of contacts, did another fitting because the one I tried was not comfortable, and they said they had placed the order for another sample pair of contacts. They notified me about the contacts and asked me to come in via e-mail. Unfortunately, many traumatic events had happened in my life, including my father being diagnosed with cancer and losing my grandfather and I had to leave Canada for an extended period of time. They did not get in touch with me for the second time. I got in touch with them after a while once I was back in Canada and inquired whether I could come to complete my consultation and purchase the contact lenses. Guess what they told me... Sorry, we sent them back and we cannot place another order without starting the process again (i.e. pay us another $400). I had pages and pages of documentation and pleaded that they speak to the supplier. They said that the doctors will meet and decide on the situation. Of course, there was no follow up. So, I e-mailed and called and followed-up (because, clearly, they had no intention to hold their promise and did not follow up after ANY of my calls or e-mails). There was no result and they stood their ground, not sure whether it was the doctors' decision or supplier's. What happened to the calls? The e-mails? Where is the attention and diligence when I needed it most?.. The diligence that you are supposed to show when you sincerely care for your patients and make sure they get the best service and not be negligent? Where is the reasonable care that you are supposed to take as service providers at a clinic? This was the worst experience that I have had. I cannot regret my decisions to walk into this clinic more. I wish I had not come to Dr. Pal. They really need to make changes at the office and try their best to be kind human beings and caring doctors / staff first and the profit focus of the clinic should come later. This is not how things should have been handled.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

Great and friendly environment . Staff very helpful. Dr. Pal is great and takes the time to know you. She ensures you get the best care and results for your eyes.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Dr. Pal is amazing. Her eye exams are very comprehensive with the latest technology. She takes the time to get to know her patients, and the staff are all friendly, helpful and fun. I live 2 1/2 hours away and would never go anywhere else. Worth the trip!!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Long wait times. Try to sell you glasses. My issues never fixed even though I been going there for 5 years. Looking for new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Dr. Pal and Dr. Yeung are incredible doctors and were super helpful when I felt like I had no where else to go. They were kind and patient and very knowledgeable. The staff were also very supportive!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I made a big mistake going there. I can't see and nobody cares.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Dr. Shalu Pal and the rest of the staff were unbelievably kind to me during my day of getting my eyes tested. They made my time there fly by because I enjoyed being in their company. Dr. Shalu Pal is very knowledgeable in her field and explained all the science behind my prescription to me. Multiple employees helped me pick out my frames that I love, and they arrived very fast for pick up! I would definitely recommend going to Dr. Shalu Pal.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018