Ratings for Dr. Ali Shojaei

My experience with Dr. Shojaei and Aurora Orthodontics was nothing short of excellent. I had many questions about getting braces as an adult. Dr. Shojaei and his staff were patient and pleasant as they answered them all. I never felt rushed or that my questions were silly. The treatment was explained in detail and they helped me figure out what my insurance would pay me back. I'm so happy with my teeth now. I definitely recommend this office. Mary B.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Our experience at Aurora Orthodontist has been very unprofessional and does not seem like they care.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Ali Shojaei's response
We are certainly very proud of our reputation as an incredibly caring, helpful and professional orthodontic practice, consistently delivering excellence in both customer service and treatment results. We have never received this feedback in the post-appointment patient surveys we regularly send to our clients to make sure we're meeting and surpassing their expectations. Our other reviews here, on Google and our Facebook page will offer a significantly different perspective. Due to the anonymous nature of these postings, it is not unheard of that a negative review is posted by a person or entity for ulteriour motives. We believe people are able to view a posting like this as possibly having some motivation other than being an accurate review of our people and services. Please take the time to research what our patients are saying about us in any of the other forums available to them, including in the video; http://bit.ly/2tkq7s1 The author of this review is invited and encouraged to contact us directly. Mari L, manager

Submitted June 28, 2017

I went to Dr. Shojaei several years ago as a teen. He was very patient, kind, and attentive during all of my appointments. Most of all he created the most beautiful smile for me and even 8 years after having them removed I still receive compliments! It also helps that I still wear my retainers to this day. I also love his staff, they are super friendly and organized. You can tell they also care deeply about their patients. A smile is an important feature on a person's face, it's essential that you receive the best care that will create that perfect smile for you. So I recommend everyone who is looking for an orthodontist and want a great smile to visit Dr. Shojaei!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Very professional Orthodontist, very happy with the service and braces for my crowding. I found the staff to be very warm and the manner how everything was explained made me feel very confident in what to expect.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

My sister totally convinced m to go to this ortho based on her experience. I have 2 sons in treatment there. He is quiet but the staff is super approachable and nice. HOWEVER, today I feel compelled to write a review! So my son playing rugby gets hit ( and wasn't wearing his mouth guard) so his brackets popped out and a lot of bleeding. We took him to the hospital and staff there said to call the ortho as well. I called and Dr. Shojay showed up during his lunch hour to the hospital to check out my son (brought him a mouthguard - based on molds he had taken in the office and brought me coffee!) Has 3 kids himself and knows how these things can happen. Anyways I was blown away at the attentiveness! Referring everyone to him now!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Ali Shojaei's response
Dr. Shojaei was happy to support you and thrilled that the damage looked worse than it was. Thank you for your continued support of our practice! Mari (Manager)

Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr Shojaei is very honest and knowledgable. I have two daughters and because of the cost of their orthodontic treatment I went to three different orthodontists. I was surprised to find out that one of my kids doesn't need treatment! Dr Shojaei was the only orthodontist who said that and explained to me why?! Also his fees compared to the other office were reasonable and I'm glad I have chosen his office for the treatment of my daughter.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Ali Shojaei's response
As you know, Dr. Shojaei has a conservative approach and will never recommend treatment if he feels it is unnecessary. Our office always strives to help our patients and their families find a way to fit the payments into their budgets and to recoup any dollars available from their insurance companies. Thank you for this kind review and for your continued support! We appreciate it very much.

Submitted April 27, 2016

I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Shojaei and friendly staff. Great experience, lovely smile, lots of compliments, had people I referred there that still thank me for their smile. OHIP does not cover ortho work so either get insurance or he has easy monthly payment plans, Im sorry to hear bad rating over bill rather than treatment quality, everyone should be paid for their hard work and rated on work quality. I checked his reviews and only people who like free treatment have complaints and nothing bad was said about his work quality and I have found his work to be great and prices very fare. Thank you Dr. shojaei and wonderful staff my smile looks great.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Ali Shojaei's response
Thank you so much for your support! We appreciate it and you!!!

Submitted April 19, 2016

He was friendly at the beginning. But when I start treatment, he become rude , unprofessional and condescending. He doesn't care how you feel, only care his bill. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Ali Shojaei's response
It seems less than fair that people can anonymously post anything they want, without consequence and without having to be truthful. For clarity and full disclosure, we need to respond. This patient was not treated by Dr. Shojaei. Their orthodontist was no longer available (retired) and there was a broken retainer that required repair. Everything was friendly until it was time to pay for the materials and employee costs involved in the repair. The person did not want to pay the bill. They felt that, having paid for orthodontic treatment in the past (to another orthodontist) they should be entitled to free treatment by Dr. Shojaei. Dr. Shojaei ended up absorbing the cost, yet the person still chose to post this anonymously. What a shame.

Submitted April 19, 2016

This is our second child to go to Dr. Shojaei and we have had another great experience. The staff is friendly and we never have to wait for our appointments as they are always on time. They have given both of my daughters the confidence to smile again. We have recommended him to many friends in the area and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Shojaei is a wonderful and caring orthodontist who's expertise and care has helped my son gain his confidence back. He is seeing great results and can't wait to see his new smile soon, thanks to Dr. Shojaei's recommended treatment that was perfect for what my son needed...thank-you...KathyK

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr. Ali Shojaei's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr.. Shojaei's academic career blossomed at the University of Toronto where he received a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Human Biology (1997), a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree in 2001, and a Masters of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Orthodontics (2005). During his studies, he has received numerous awards and scholarships and has been one of the top students in his class. He became a member of the Fellow of Royal College of Dentists of Canada (FRCDC) in 2005 and brings with him an unparalleled eagerness to practice orthodontics. He has been practicing orthodontics in Aurora since 2005 and just recently moved to a new location in Richmond Hill. As a dentist, Dr. Shojaei has worked part time for four years in several dental offices in Ontario and Nova Scotia. He also completed a hospital residency program at Sunnybrook and Women's Hospital (2002) gaining valuable experience in managing TMD and orthognathic surgery patients. In addition, he has been a part time clinical instructor at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry for the past four years. He has been teaching radiology, preventive dentistry and orthodontics to dental students and has published numerous articles in various prominent dental/medical journals. Since starting his practices, Dr. Shojaei has utilized a treatment philosophy based on two simple principles. First, to employ the most up to date technology in providing an outstanding functional result while creating an exceptionally natural and esthetic smile. Secondly to treat everyone as you would a friend or family member. Dr. Shojaei describes himself as fortunate to have the ability to serve two very special communities. "Our offices are able, through the support of our referring doctors, to select and provide care to individuals in need of orthodontic treatment, preferably in their formative years, who would otherwise suffer through dental-related social problems for the rest of their lives…what greater gift can a profession offer?"

• English