Ratings for Dr. Kevin Ramsey

I cannot say enough about the care and concern of Dr. Ramsey and his staff. I have always been treated with the utmost respect and helpfulness. I have been a diabetic for almost 40 years , have diabetic retinopathy and many bleeds which stress me to the max because of my fear of being totally blind. No matter when I have called the office (I live 100 km away), I have always been scheduled in to see him immediately. The staff, especially Laura, is deserving of an award. I think anyone expecting to see him when they are scheduled and is late, is not looking at the big picture which is "perhaps someone has come in with an emergency, requires Ramsey's attention ASAP" . I thank DR. Kevin and staff from the bottom of my heart as I still have vision and can give you the kudos you all deserve.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

My app't was @ 1145. After dilation etc, was seen by Dr. @ 1250.. Greeting from this doctor wa underwhelming, "sit here, look here etc". No pleasantries at all. Diagnosis made abruptly. Asked him if I needed s follow-up, he stated "no,, you are done, and free as a bird". I would not go back to see this doctor ever again. Was disappointed my family doctor referred me there. I would not recommend this doctor at all. For a young doctor, he sure has no people manners.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I am quite surprised at the negative reviews for Dr. Ramsey. He is personal while professional, only proceeds with treatments he finds to be necessary and is always willing to tell you the truth. His office is well run, with polite staff and very accommodating of last minute appointments when necessary. I have had injections, laser and a vitrectomy and have nothing but respect and trust in his capabilities.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Is NOT consistent with his injections for macular degeneration. When he is not in a hurry, it is passable, when he is under pressure, he is horrible. I have been in constant pain since my injection, which is unusual and my eye has been weeping. After 3 days there should be absolutely no pain...how come this time....maybe used a dirty needle?????

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Dr. Ramsey had a horrible bedside manner, and will never take my son back to him

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Terrible doctor. Treats the nurses in the operating room like garbage. Totally screwed my eye sight up. Beware of this man

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Extremely professional, skilled and personable. Had the best care possible and delighted with surgical results!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Ramsey and staff are amazing, very helpful and Dr. Ramsey knows his stuff. Very happy with the care I received.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Suffered detached retina at just 25 years old. Dr. Ramsey was straightforward and honest with risks, outcomes, and did well to answer any questions. Staff is helpful and has been flexible to fit me in with short notice to address any concerns. Very busy but excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr Ramsey is a very busy but very thoughtful doctor. He travels far and wide to assist patients and slow the progress of age-related macular degeneration. In a remote community it makes a big difference if a specialist is willing to travel to supply treatments. Dr Ramsey is willing to do this. ALSO my mum had an emergency with an acute hemorrhage in her macular and had to be raced to Kelowna to try to save the remaining eyesight. Dr Ramsey opened up his clinic on a Sunday morning to accommodate the need for emergency treatment and was quite successful in stopping the bleed. He has always been very polite, patient and courteous to my mother.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016