Ratings for Dr. Sadia Gilani

She is an "okay" dr, I understand she is not there to counsel she is just there to give medication Unfortunately, she is so slow, My appointment will be at 11 am and I won't get in until 12-12:30 sometimes. She's okay but does have issues with her bedside matter. She seems a bit cold and distant. I don't always feel comfortable telling her about my feelings because I feel like she is judging me( even though I'm sure she isn't) Her receptionist is so slow and does not pay attention. She needs more staff and more time management skills

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

She has no idea what she’s doing. She doesn’t do proper assessments, makes assumptions, and glosses over the important things you tell her. She doesn’t take women’s and girls psychological issues seriously, doesn’t know how to phrase assessment questions openly (will ask if your parents would do an honour killing on you, instead of asking if you have any tension with your parents?) and honestly, her assumptions are the worst part. She will just prescribe some common medication without actually assessing what’s going on. You’d get a more comprehensive assessment from a family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Glad that I was not the only patient who felt this MC was sub par. At first felt, there may have been some kind of prejudice but maybe her quality of care has declined over the years or is just not willing to take on new patients. Similarly, she had taken a call on my appointment time within earshot and seemed to not really listen and advised to 'restar' my round of prescriptions again. Needless to say I spoke with my family doctor for another referral and the 2nd (with another Psychiatrist) was much more helpful.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Horrible horrible psychiatrist!! Doesn't refer to programs, doesn't properly listen, only prescribes pills and assumes you're not actually suffering. She kept assuming things about me based on my culture and religion because I come from a Muslim family but I'm not even that religious and I felt uncomfortable being myself.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I am so disappointed. I have been coming here for 1 year. The receptionist (Phyllis) is incompetent. She never gets things done. I have been waiting for a prescription that was supposed to be called into the pharmacist 4 days ago. I called everyday since my appointment and they keep passing the buck. I have been without meds for 4 days and I am getting really sick. I cannot be without these meds. They don't care at all about their patients. My next step is going to the college of physicians ... really serious matter here and they don't care.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

She is the most understanding and the best doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Went to her for a consultation and was pretty much forced to repeat the same routine of anxiety medications and increases again until I was able to go back to my family M.D. and finally received what I required. Would not recommend. Felt appointment was rushed. Receptionist was nice though.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Gilani is amazing! I have been struggling with my issue for years, and was really nervous and scared to talk to a professional about it. But she was so easy to talk to. She was understanding and didn't bat an eyelash even though my case is very outlandish. She is always compassionate, and you can tell she really cares. Yes, she put me on medication, but it has helped a lot so far! I've been very happy with her!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I trust her word. I have been seeing her for a couple years and counting. Once my meds got adjusted i have to admit my moods have been alot better and more importantly i am able to finally sleep at night. Without her I may havenot been able to keep my job nor keep my friends. I love her patience and how calming of a personality she has. She handles situations alot quicker than most doctors i have seen. No complaints here :)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I feel as though this doctor is too quick to prescribe and incompetent. The first time I went in, she sat with me for 10 minutes and I walked out with a prescription. I went in for my follow up appointment and told her I had one panic attack and she wanted to stop all my meds that I've been fine on for years and start a brand new concoction that I can't take with a different medication that I can't get off due to other health reasons. I absolutely do not trust this doctors judgement and will be seeking out another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016