Ratings for Dr. Philip J. Borders

I really like his personality. He's not arrogant or a know-it-all like some other doctors. I found him to be knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. I never felt rushed through an appointment. He helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Used 2 b a grt place for help. Now Borders allowed his wife to come in and fire or replace all therapists so most patients now have to see new docs/therapists. People that were hired dont know jack and place is like a zoo. Had gone to HCT for at least eight years and I felt like a brand new patient again. Anyone who has had to get help from places like Borders hate when there is change expecially w/their doc or therapist. This place changed just about EVERYTHING! As far as I know Borders wife has no medical/psychology degrees and yet she was allowed to fire good people. Ridiculous! Receptionist is supposed to be a good friend of Borders wife and this woman could give a true crap about the people who come to seek help. Take it from one who has seen it go from good to bad...dont go to see Borders or Hendricks Therapy!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Poor support during difficult time. Never ever refinement.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

From minute I am called into his office, I feel like he is watching clock to make sure I don't go over 15 minute time limit and not truly listening to me. Not very compassionate when patient is having a crisis. I was told on emergency appt. that it had to be quick because I was being worked in when I was ready to find a tree & hang myself. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone I know. He pushes talk therapy even when patient is unwiilling in present state of mind. That should tell him something. How can he help anyone when he only works 4 days a week and only spends 15 minutes with a patient. They herd you thru like cattle. At least visit office first and watch the patient rotation and listen to people in the waiting room. Could be a good doctor if he wasn't letting insurance & pharmaceutical companies dictate to him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wasn't rushed during my session and felt Dr. Borders really cared about listening to what I had to say.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Philip J. Borders's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• Blue Cross Of California