Ratings for Dr. Gita Singh

Dr. Singh was the OB on call at MSH who delivered my first baby. (She was not my original OB). I didn’t interact with her much while I was pushing, but she seemed very knowledgeable and easily delivered my son with no complications, while teaching a resident doctor how to stitch me up (I didn’t mind though). I requested her to be my OB for my second pregnancy and met her officially for the first time today. She was extremely kind and took her time with my appointment going through all the paperwork material and answering all my questions. I am actually quite shocked when people say she has poor bedside manners. She is very friendly and not judgemental at all. I am glad I chose her to be my OB this time around and I hope she will be the one delivering my second baby as well.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

My first time ever visiting an OGGYN was with Dr. Singh. I was there to get an IUD, and Dr. Singh couldn't seem to understand why a single, unmarried woman would need or want an IUD. She legitimately asked me if I was married or in a long-term relationship - which isn't any of her business at all, and has nothing to do with "eligibility" of having an IUD. Yes, some copper IUD's are better suited to women who have previously given birth, however, I was there specifically to get a new type of IUD specially designed for women who have NOT given birth. I was made to feel incredibly shamed and uncomfortable for wanting an IUD, to the point where I was dizzy and almost fainted. I ended up leaving the appointment early and cancelled the follow-up appointment. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

She delivered my baby and her bedside manner was highly lacking. When I asked questions about the episiotomy and stitches, she was very rude and condescending. I can't say did anything wrong clinically, but her apparent lack of empathy and approach made me and my husband feel like would not want her to deliver our next baby.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr G Singh delivered my first in 2010 and second Sept 2018 and I had Great experiences both times as my OB and during labour. Would return and recommend

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Amazing Doctor!! Answers your questions and never rushes you. Anita is awesome and very accommodating!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

Dr. Gita Singh has terrible bedside manner. She shows little compassion and interest in the best interest of the patient. I would NOT recommend her as an OBGYN. I did not have a positive experience with the delivery of my first child. Zero punctuality, I have waited hours for the start of my scheduled appointments. I ALWAYS felt rushed during my appointments and felt that she was incredibly condescending and rude. Anita was the only saving grace as she was a kind receptionist. Unfortunately, Anita is not incentive enough for me to return to Dr. Singh for my next child.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

If there was an option to give 0 stars, I would have done that. HORRIBLE doctor. HORRIBLE bed side manners. Talks in a very condescending way and makes you feel like an idiot. I dealt with her during an emergency visit to L&D at 30 weeks. I was in so much pain and was vomitting and getting dehydrated and yet she sent me back home at 4am and asked to come back at 7am when the ultrasound clinic opens. She didn't put an IV even though I told her I've been vomitting litres of clear fluid, didn't run any blood work, didn't do nothing...umlike the other doctors who I dealt with when I had to make a few more emergency visits later on. This woman should NOT be in this line of work specially obstetrics. I ended up with an emergency c-section and thank GOD, she was not on call that night. Just the fact that she's at MSH is making me consider to not deliver there again when I have another baby. She's beyond TERRIBLE.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

Amazing gyn! Had 2 surgeries w her (2017 & recently) and will never go see anyone else for my issues. Just had a total hysterectomy recently by her and am healing wonderfully! She gave me a choice in my treatment and supported my decision before it was done. She explains everything including risks etc and gives advice. Had a follow up recentlyDue to complications and she was great in reassuring me I was healing good! Anita her receptionist is wonderful as well!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

Dr Singh should not be an OBGYN. She is rude and worries more about her time than the well being of the patient. She had a resident doctor stitch me up after giving and it caused a polyp that had to be removed (very painful) afterwards!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

This doctor DOES NOT listen to her patients. She has no bedside manners. You’rw going to find other competent doctors that care about their patients and what they have to say.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018