You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jodie K. Labowitz

Dr. Labowitz has been a life saver for me. These other comments make me sad! She is so empathetic and has been the first GI doctor to actually spend a ton of time with me and try to work out what is best for me. I love her!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

About 4 years ago I had severe IBS and Dr Labowitz did a colonoscopy and took some tissue samples to test at the same time. One week later I had a ruptured colon and went to the ER. I don't blame her, but while in the hospital and later, I could not get her to call me back although the staff kept assuring me she would call. I had to have 18" of my colon removed. She seemed nice in the office but she doesn't have the empathy a doctor should have.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

She completely ignored my symptoms. Kept telling her about the abdominal pain across upper abdomen that went through to the back plus a history of pancreas problems in my family. She literally laughed at my pain and said 'get your gallbladder out.' She said this without running tests!!! After begging her to test the pancreas, which she refused, I ended up at Mayo Clinic where (big surprise here) I was diagnosed with a pancreas problem. She was arrogant, dismissive and frankly didn't know what she was doing.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Jodie K. Labowitz's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Labowitz has been a life saver for me. These other comments make me sad! She is so empathetic and has been the first GI doctor to actually spend a ton of ti..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "About 4 years ago I had severe IBS and Dr Labowitz did a colonoscopy and took some tissue samples to test at the same time. One week later I had a ruptured col..."

December 1, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jodie" to "Jodie K."

October 20, 2013