Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard

Dr. Stoddard is great. He is always very thorough, very welcoming and friendly and never gave up on me even though I was a pain to diagnose. I highly recommend him to everyone. -Amber L

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Given his excellent reviews, I felt it was worth making the trip up to North York to see Dr. Stoddard concerning a minor rotator cuff injury (I live and work downtown.) Unfortunately, he didn’t impress me at all. Apart from his unengaging personality (he didn’t seem too interested in diagnosing my injury), he kept me waiting 35 minutes on both occasions for a 6- minute consultation. During the initial visit, he asked the routine questions and put me through tests before giving me a requisition for an ultrasound. A week later, the test results had come in so I returned for a second appointment. At the beginning of the consultation he asked me, “So what can I do for you today?” You would think he would have bothered to look up and see the reason I was there! Why did I get the impression I was being treated as number rather than a patient? His final diagnosis? “Nothing had shown up on the ultrasound so give it plenty of rest and continue with physio’ or massage therapy – it takes longer to heal when you’re older.” I spent a couple of hours out of my day to be told the obvious? His last words to me were “Have a great day” – totally disingenuous. Needless to say, I won’t waste my time with him again.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

I wanted to provide some follow-up since Dr. Stoddard was very helpful to me in the early days of my injury. It's been five years now and I have been continually experiencing disturbing symptoms and not able to return to full hours at work due to vision and balance problems, and neck pain/muscle problems etc. My doctor recently sent me to Dr. Jha - a neuro-surgeon at Toronto Western Hospital and who also operates concussion / head injury clinics in the GTA. He suspected a stroke and ordered a SPEC scan which was done in August. It showed a stroke in the Right Temporal Lobe. It was a few months after the injury happened that I saw Dr. Stoddard - out of all the doctors / neurologists I saw - he was on the right track when he suspected an artery dissection after neck injury. The artery can apparently heal within a couple of months so the CT scan Dr Stoddard sent me for was normal. Dr Stoddard and staff provided me with better care than any of the many many doctors I saw - including a neurologist from Sunnybrook hospital

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I've been having great experiences with Dr. Stoddard for 7 years now. He shows interest not only in my injuries, but in me as a person too.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I had a great experience from my initial phonecall through to my meeting with Dr. Stoddard.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Very impressed,clinic and staff were very friendly and patient!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

All I can say is thank God that doctors like Dr S still exist. I have been suffering with various sports injuries for over 20 years. Dr S has been putting out fires for me all this time and I'm eternally grateful to him for keeping me smiling and comfortable!! Top shelf doc! Best of the best!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Stoddard helped my daughter with a shoulder injury which was caused from volleyball. He was a calming influence and guided us all very well. She has made a full recovery and is back to playing volleyball.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. He has on numerous occasions helped me manage painful problems brought on by soccer, and me still thinking that I'm 20.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

he is amassing, he helped my mom so much. I wish every doctor as this gentleman.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stoddard is a sport medicine physician in Toronto and is the medical director of the Sports & Exercise Medicine Institute (SEMI). After receiving his medical degree from the University of Toronto, he trained in Australia at the Australian Institute of Sport/University of Canberra, obtaining his Master Degree in Sport Medicine. He is also a diplomat of the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine (CASEM). Dr. Stoddard has a special interest in regenerative injection therapy using prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell transplantation. He loves to swim, bike and run, and is an avid triathlete!

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Canberra (Grad. 1994)

• Stem cell transplant

Coventry Healthcare
    Health Net
    Wellpoint

Request an Appointment

Please complete this form to request an appointment or call 1-844-223-SEMI (7364)