Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard

Dr. Stoddard is great. He is always very thorough, very welcoming and friendly and never gave up on me even though I was a pain to diagnose. I highly recommend him to everyone. -Amber L

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

All I can say is thank God that doctors like Dr S still exist. I have been suffering with various sports injuries for over 20 years. Dr S has been putting out fires for me all this time and I'm eternally grateful to him for keeping me smiling and comfortable!! Top shelf doc! Best of the best!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Stoddard helped my daughter with a shoulder injury which was caused from volleyball. He was a calming influence and guided us all very well. She has made a full recovery and is back to playing volleyball.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. He has on numerous occasions helped me manage painful problems brought on by soccer, and me still thinking that I'm 20.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

he is amassing, he helped my mom so much. I wish every doctor as this gentleman.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Love this guy...besides being a really nice person, he knows what he is talking about. I was pretty wound up about my ankle injury and he calmed me down and assured me that there was a solution...and there was. My ankle now feels great and he's a big reason for that.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

He's first rate...really. His front line approach to stem cell therapy has saved me from a knee replacement.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

The first thing I noticed about Dr. Stoddard is that he listens. After figuring out my problem he explained it very well. and sunce following his advice I'm well on my way. Thank you Dr. Stoddard.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I really appreciated Dr. Stoddard's approach to my injury. My knee has been sore for 2 years now due to a patellar tendon injury and I have been pretty frustrated. A friend suggested I see Dr. Stoddard and he was absolutely right. He has a great bedside manner and lays out your options very simply. After a few months of following his suggestions (Shockwave Therapy and corrective exercises) I am painfree, back to running, and very happy!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I enjoyed meeting Dr Stoddard. He was very empathetic about my knee injury as it had been plaguing me for a few years and I was very frustrated. He had a variety of options for me and I left feeling like there was hope!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stoddard is a sport medicine physician in Toronto and is the medical director of the Sports & Exercise Medicine Institute (SEMI). After receiving his medical degree from the University of Toronto, he trained in Australia at the Australian Institute of Sport/University of Canberra, obtaining his Master Degree in Sport Medicine. He is also a diplomat of the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine (CASEM). Dr. Stoddard has a special interest in regenerative injection therapy using prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell transplantation. He loves to swim, bike and run, and is an avid triathlete!

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Canberra (Grad. 1994)

• Stem cell transplant
  • Herniated disk
  • Stress fractures
  • Posterior cruciate ligament injury

Request an Appointment

Please complete this form to request an appointment or call 1-844-223-SEMI (7364)