Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard

Dr. Stoddard is great. He is always very thorough, very welcoming and friendly and never gave up on me even though I was a pain to diagnose. I highly recommend him to everyone. -Amber L

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Having worked in the medical profession I do know a bit about bedside manner and a thorough comprehensive open patient/ Doctor dialogue none of which was offered by Dr. Stoddard. He was unprepared and completely dismissive and when according to him my only solution was surgery was dropped on me as though he was telling me that I had a splinter to be removed. Surgery, no matter what it is for should never be taken lightly. I would not recommend this so called Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

My initial consultation with Dr. Stoddard was one of the worst medical experiences that I have ever had. The receptionist insisted that I sign an "informed consent" form acknowledging that the doctor had explained treatment options to me before I had even spoken to him. Dr. Stoddard then reluctantly viewed an x -ray of my hip, but only after he asked me why I thought that seeing an x-ray would impact what he had to tell me, and repeatedly questioned me on how I view his role, in a condescending manner. He made no attempt to assess my hip beyond looking reluctantly at the x-ray. When I told him that I wanted a diagnosis and prognosis, he eventually provided some useful information but only after I had to ask several questions to get him to elaborate beyond his essentially 1-2 word answers. When I asked him to clarify how he views his role, he explained that it is to ensure that I initially try Tier 1 therapies or treatments such as physiotherapy, massage, osteopathic exercises, and/or orthotics, and if the pain persists, his Tier 2 options such as plasma injections, none of which are covered by OHIP, and all of which are provided in his office. Dr. Stoddard thus informed me that he would tell me the same thing without examining or assessing me, which led me to believe that he is the business of selling his services versus providing a professional, patient-centered service. Perhaps he was irritated that I came to see him after I had already seen a physiotherapist, massage therapist, and podiatrist, and he was thus not able to bill me beyond the initial OHIP billable "assessment".

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Very impressed,clinic and staff were very friendly and patient!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

All I can say is thank God that doctors like Dr S still exist. I have been suffering with various sports injuries for over 20 years. Dr S has been putting out fires for me all this time and I'm eternally grateful to him for keeping me smiling and comfortable!! Top shelf doc! Best of the best!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Stoddard helped my daughter with a shoulder injury which was caused from volleyball. He was a calming influence and guided us all very well. She has made a full recovery and is back to playing volleyball.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

A very kind and knowledgeable doctor. He has on numerous occasions helped me manage painful problems brought on by soccer, and me still thinking that I'm 20.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

he is amassing, he helped my mom so much. I wish every doctor as this gentleman.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Love this guy...besides being a really nice person, he knows what he is talking about. I was pretty wound up about my ankle injury and he calmed me down and assured me that there was a solution...and there was. My ankle now feels great and he's a big reason for that.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

He's first rate...really. His front line approach to stem cell therapy has saved me from a knee replacement.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Douglas W. Stoddard's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stoddard is a sport medicine physician in Toronto and is the medical director of the Sports & Exercise Medicine Institute (SEMI). After receiving his medical degree from the University of Toronto, he trained in Australia at the Australian Institute of Sport/University of Canberra, obtaining his Master Degree in Sport Medicine. He is also a diplomat of the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine (CASEM). Dr. Stoddard has a special interest in regenerative injection therapy using prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell transplantation. He loves to swim, bike and run, and is an avid triathlete!

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Canberra (Grad. 1994)

• Stem cell transplant

Golden Rule
    HealthPartners
    WellCare Health Plans

Request an Appointment

Please complete this form to request an appointment or call 1-844-223-SEMI (7364)