Ratings for Dr. Brendan Hughes

Took a seniors friend of mine to meet with her doctor ,I found this Doctor to empathic to their needs- no rush to move on to the next patient- Devoted to Hearing - patients needs . I like his approach to my senior friends care plan

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

Caring and helpful in giving you the information you need. Can ask him questions and gives you what you want to know.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

poor,not receptive to new theories obviously has not read or does not accept studies re medicinal Marijuana, when the subject he just said "no dont believe in it" no discussion at all

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

He is a great person and very knowledgeable can take a bit of time to see him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

My self and my parents had a horrible time with this doctor. I went in countless times with the same pain and not only would he tell me everything seems fine, but wouldn’t even acknowledge I have been coming in for this pain for years. He once made me wait 45 mins while I was right next door to his office were I heard him talking on the phone to his wife. My mother was in and out of the doctors because of pain which he told her it was probably “the time of her life” sure enough she went to to hospital and it was a tumour that all he had to do was feel her abdomen. I and my parents switched doctors before something worse happened with this doctor. I understand I’m no doctor but I do understand my body and when I say something isn’t right I want a doctor who actually listens. I would not recommend this doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

I find Dr. Hughes to be an excellente Dr. I have th an excellent rapport with Both himself and his staff

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Very bad experiences with this individual. Terrible communicator! Emotionless long silences are the norm for an appointment with him. Don't dare try to discuss more than one specific thing at a time or he will rudely state OHIP doesn't pay him for that service. Referred me to a specialist once who doesn't work with adults and I am an adult; wasted months of time. IS NOT a patient advocate and you will never feel as a patient that he's there for you. Seems to drop the ball under pressure and I caught him in a couple of lies. I believe that good GPs should be people oriented and that folks with a borderline personality like Hugh's should be helping elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Similar to previous posts. Read punctuality score as 'availability' as he seems to be away from his practice more than he's there. Would prefer family doctor that I could access when NEEDED, not just routine checkups. "Soonest available appt. date is typically 6-8 weeks out....That doesn't do me or my family any good when someone in the family has a serious, but not life-threatening issue (kids have probable throat or ear infection and need assessment and treatment. Hate having to go to emergency room all the time for non-emergency issues (try to be conscious of health care costs) and the clinics after-hours program is hit and miss (limited evening hours, no weekend coverage, twice the on-call dr. didn't call us after he was paged by 'triage' nurse, etc.). A few positives...When you are able to see him, he's generally easy to talk to and seems knowledgeable (at least about the 'routine' stuff we've dealt with him about), his receptionist seems to be doing a good job, is pleasant and seems to be doing the best she can. His nurse and 'physician's asst.' used to be very good, not sure why they're not there anymore. Now it's only him and his receptionist.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Runs a doctor centric practice. No email, voicemails or telemedicine. It's all about the billings.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

too hard to get an appointment with, I have always love his nurse practitioners and assistants but they don't stay with him long enough! LOVE the lab lady!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016