Ratings for Dr. Tolulola Akinbiyi

horrible. mean. always late. rude and lazy Not sure if he is even a real doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I would probably be dead today if i stayed with dr akinbiyi. I had been a patient of his for years compliaining about my symptoms, when i got a new doctor my brain tumor was discovered within weeks. If your looking for a doctor who is inconsiderate, lazy, and just plain rude dr toluola is your guy.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

We are in Brantford Ontario and have a shortage of Family Dr. So My Husband and I were Hopeful when this guy opened his practice BIG MISTAKE! If there was a way to give this guy 0 I would, he doesn't even deserve one star. The staff is a joke they have no idea what they are talking about. The one could not even get the blood pressure cuff to work I had to show her how to do it. When Amanda and the other secretary were there they were great. I think his new secretary is related to him because she acts just like him rude and inconsiderate. I have no idea where this guy got his Dr. licence maybe out of a cracker jack box or something. This dr. does not consider you past medical history and basically called me a liar without saying it about my one surgery I have coming up because he did not receive the report from the specialist right away. When he did receive the report and I went to his office he did not apologize for yelling at me having me in tears when I left. His response was oh it took to long to get here I should have had the mri results rate away. Which the hospital told me it would take about 7-10 days to get to my family dr. He refused to give me a referral and I had to go to emerg to get the referral and it turns out what I need done is pretty significant and worse then I originally thought Thank Goodness we went to emerge. I won't go into details its personal. Also he put me on a opiod for pain relief which I had been taking since August he told me to take it daily so it builds up in my system (which I found out through my surgeon is a lie) and then just took me off of it without tapering down I had major withdrawal issues and pain and ended up in the hospital because of this. They put me back on the pain med and it is a prn take only when in pain not everyday. My Husband is recovering from a heart attack and sees a cardio Dr. Thankfully not him for his hearts meds when my Husband was suffering pain from a abscessed tooth and could not get into the dentist for a week (he has to see a special dentist cause of his heart and meds blood thinners he is on and such. This Dr. was so unaware he told my Husband to go take a Advil or aspirin for his tooth pain wtf. My Husband is on blood thinners and heart meds he can not take either Advil nor aspirin seeing as he is on 81mgs asa daily with 12 other heart meds and one other blood thinner. My Husband also suffers from unstable angina and after getting a bottle of nitro he had for 8 months it was used up and also it is only good for one year My Husband asked this Dr. for a refill for his nitro and was yelled at that he is using the nitro to much. HELLO he had one little bottle with 100 dose's in it that last him 8 months. We left his office and went to see My Husbands cardio Dr. who said: "Really that's what it is for." and gave him the new script for the nitro. This dr. googles medications in his office and has no knowledge nor does he care to be told of your medical background as every time we tried he would talk over us in a loud voice. Thankfully we have fired this person and are currently looking for a new family Dr. I would rather go to the emerg if anything comes up then this guy he is a joke.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

This is a continuation of my original post of June 12 2017. My first and only appointment with this dr after having total hip replacement on June 27 was 3 weeks after surgery, I had to inform him that my surgery took place, he was too lazy to even read my file on his computer. When I informed him that my surgery took place he just looked at me and said oh I guess you don't need any medication now, didn't look at the extremely large insission n my hip to see if it was healing properly even just said good bye...yes it definitely is good bye as I'll never step foot in his office again , even my surgeon suggested that if I have any problems to by pass this man and contact the surgeon's office directly...

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

This doctor drug tests my addict exhusband who saves one percocet just for his urine test.... He always tests positive for drugs, including cocaine and this doctor still prescribes him percocet every month. His excuse? "He is a crack cocaine, meth addict, not an opiate addict". Disgusting. He never sent my ex for tests just went off his word that he has a bad shoulder. He does nothing for my ex husband as I know from the few times I was able to attend appointments with him. He has no bedside manner, nor is he very intelligent and he is not one bit helpful or caring. Im disgusted. My ex just sells the percocet to support his crack addiction!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Worst dr I've seen in my entire life !!! Always comes in an hour or more late in the mornings, arguementitive about everything!!! I asked for a simple short letter for odsp to confirm surgery date and absolutely refused to do that. Sent me for a pre surgery EEG etc and told the EEG specialist that I have COPD, the specialist confirmed that there was no copd and informed me that it was this doctor who had told the specialist this, to which h he denied when I confronted him. I've been going to see him for my hip while awaiting surgery for a bit over a year now and not once has he actually looked at my hip or come within 6 feet of me. This man shouldn't be allowed to practise on lab mice let alone any other living breathing species... definitely need to find a new GP after surgery....William little

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

This Doctor takes more vacations than any I've ever had! He argues with your thoughts he denies saying things he has said. I had a pain when swallowing, he looked me in the eyes and said "oh, that's cancer"! Without even looking in my throat! Terrible irresponsible joke!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Terrible doctor. I had the misfortune of dealing with him for two appointments before I refused to go back. At my first appointment I tried to get some kind of treatment going for my fibromyalgia. His answer was "we'll deal with that at our next appointment." Next appointment, his recommendation was "you just need more sleep." When I asked for copies of my latest bloodwork, he gave me printouts of year-old tests instead of the ones from the week before. He argued with me about everything I brought up, including previously diagnosed conditions. We may be desperate for doctors in Brantford, but keep looking, this man isn't worth the ridiculous amount of time you will wait, or the arguments you will have.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Every time I am here the experience is worse than the last.really wish I had a choice. Doctor's are on short supply in brantford

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

This is my mothers family doctor. She suffered blood clots in her lungs and was in The ICU for over a month. She was on a ventilator for 14 days then they had to place a tracheotomy so she could breath properly for two weeks. We almost lost her in the hospital. Once she was back at home. We made an appt. with her family doctor Dr. Tolu . This doctor went over the medications she was on. I informed him that the area where the tracheotomy was very swollen and maybe he could take a look....? He said that nurses that come to the house can look. This doctor didn't even listen to my mothers lungs with a stethoscope ...... I know if this were my family doctor she would have preformed a full exam on me in my visit. In my opinion I will do everything possible to get my mother a new doctor from my experience your family doctor should give you a full exam if a month ago you almost lost your life. At the very least have a listen to your lungs, and have a look at an area that you feel could be infected where the tracheotomy was removed.... I now know the difference between a great family doctor and a poor one.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016