Ratings for Dr. Tolulola Akinbiyi

This is a continuation of my original post of June 12 2017. My first and only appointment with this dr after having total hip replacement on June 27 was 3 weeks after surgery, I had to inform him that my surgery took place, he was too lazy to even read my file on his computer. When I informed him that my surgery took place he just looked at me and said oh I guess you don't need any medication now, didn't look at the extremely large insission n my hip to see if it was healing properly even just said good bye...yes it definitely is good bye as I'll never step foot in his office again , even my surgeon suggested that if I have any problems to by pass this man and contact the surgeon's office directly...

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

This doctor drug tests my addict exhusband who saves one percocet just for his urine test.... He always tests positive for drugs, including cocaine and this doctor still prescribes him percocet every month. His excuse? "He is a crack cocaine, meth addict, not an opiate addict". Disgusting. He never sent my ex for tests just went off his word that he has a bad shoulder. He does nothing for my ex husband as I know from the few times I was able to attend appointments with him. He has no bedside manner, nor is he very intelligent and he is not one bit helpful or caring. Im disgusted. My ex just sells the percocet to support his crack addiction!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Worst dr I've seen in my entire life !!! Always comes in an hour or more late in the mornings, arguementitive about everything!!! I asked for a simple short letter for odsp to confirm surgery date and absolutely refused to do that. Sent me for a pre surgery EEG etc and told the EEG specialist that I have COPD, the specialist confirmed that there was no copd and informed me that it was this doctor who had told the specialist this, to which h he denied when I confronted him. I've been going to see him for my hip while awaiting surgery for a bit over a year now and not once has he actually looked at my hip or come within 6 feet of me. This man shouldn't be allowed to practise on lab mice let alone any other living breathing species... definitely need to find a new GP after surgery....William little

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

This Doctor takes more vacations than any I've ever had! He argues with your thoughts he denies saying things he has said. I had a pain when swallowing, he looked me in the eyes and said "oh, that's cancer"! Without even looking in my throat! Terrible irresponsible joke!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Terrible doctor. I had the misfortune of dealing with him for two appointments before I refused to go back. At my first appointment I tried to get some kind of treatment going for my fibromyalgia. His answer was "we'll deal with that at our next appointment." Next appointment, his recommendation was "you just need more sleep." When I asked for copies of my latest bloodwork, he gave me printouts of year-old tests instead of the ones from the week before. He argued with me about everything I brought up, including previously diagnosed conditions. We may be desperate for doctors in Brantford, but keep looking, this man isn't worth the ridiculous amount of time you will wait, or the arguments you will have.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Every time I am here the experience is worse than the last.really wish I had a choice. Doctor's are on short supply in brantford

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

This is my mothers family doctor. She suffered blood clots in her lungs and was in The ICU for over a month. She was on a ventilator for 14 days then they had to place a tracheotomy so she could breath properly for two weeks. We almost lost her in the hospital. Once she was back at home. We made an appt. with her family doctor Dr. Tolu . This doctor went over the medications she was on. I informed him that the area where the tracheotomy was very swollen and maybe he could take a look....? He said that nurses that come to the house can look. This doctor didn't even listen to my mothers lungs with a stethoscope ...... I know if this were my family doctor she would have preformed a full exam on me in my visit. In my opinion I will do everything possible to get my mother a new doctor from my experience your family doctor should give you a full exam if a month ago you almost lost your life. At the very least have a listen to your lungs, and have a look at an area that you feel could be infected where the tracheotomy was removed.... I now know the difference between a great family doctor and a poor one.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I've had good and bad experiences at Dr. Tolu's practice. I feel I can tell him truthfully about my mental health issues, he is almost always polite and compassionate in those instances. However, when it comes to my pain issues, or refilling my pain medications, my visits can go either way. I went to him for help with my agonizing back pain, and even though I was crying and desperate for relief, he recommended (rather rudely) that I take Advil. I went right from his office to the emergency room where I had tests and X-rays done, and I was diagnosed as have severe degenerative arthritis in my spine, compacted bone, and sciatica. After that, he prescribed pain meds, but at each of my prescription renewal appointments, i feel like a drug addict having to beg for my pills. He really is a kind man, but has to start listening to his patients when they need him to. The girls at his office are sweet and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr Tolulola is always pleasant and nice he address's probl;em right away if you call with a emergency and want to see him most the time they can get you in that day or the day after when results come back if something is up they call you right away. I highly recommend him :)

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I had difficulty getting a doctor in Brantford after I moved here. I got on with Dr. Tolu, as we call him.. I am disillusioned with Dr. Tolu. He is very late in the morning. I have had early morning appointments and he wanders in after 10 AM 3 times.. I can't seem to get him to do repeats on my meds even though I have been on them for years. He has me do blood tests every 3 months, for things that are in good shape. I am going to try to get another doctor to take me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016