Ratings for Dr. Jason Giroux

Stay away from this doctor. My mother had a detached retina, Dr. Giroux saw her 3 times during this time and failed to diagnose; i finally insisted a referral to Toronto where they just shook their heads and stated if you could have got her here earlier...the toronto doctors stated that his first clue was when she had fallen and blackened her eye. Also he prescribed contact lenses for an elderly woman had never worn them.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

Dr Giroux did both my cataract surgeries. I had no complications and rarely wait more than 15 minutes at an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Giroux treated my mother after I insisted she be sent to Toronto. Toronto specialist just shook their heads . When she had a detached retina for months he was giving an 80 year old contact lenses. He blinded her. This man is no specialist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Informative, easy to approach with questions & concerns.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

My wife has been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, but because she also has Alzheimer's , she hasn't remembered to tell me, so I don't know how far back the diagnosis goes. The Dr. hasn't been using his own name or address on my wife's prescriptions for eye drops; he continues to use her previous Dr's name & address, Dr. Sharp, who has been retired for a year or more. Instead of faxing the latest prescription to our pharmacy, he hand-wrote one out. When I took it to the pharmacy, they pointed out the lack of signature, & they couldn't read what prescription was on the paper.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Thank you for coming in on Easter weekend to see me on short notice.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Dr Giroux has been excellent in taking over care of my 92 year old Mother's eyes since she has relocated to Sault Ste Marie. He is knowledgeable, kind and patient and she is very happy with her new ophthalmologist. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

My 16 year old son is very comfortable with Dr Giroux and all his staff. This says a lot to me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

The assistants were polite, although they could be more attentive. I had thorough tests done before I saw the doctor and Dr. Giroux seems knowledgeable and polite. I have seem many ophthalmologists and he seems good.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Very professional. Most impressed with his knowledge, as well as his ability to make you feel comfortable. You are not just a number; I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013