Ratings for Dr. Thomas B. Freeman

Severe back and butt pain since 1982, failed back surgery 1997. Herniated L4/5 for second time in 2004. Dr. Freeman did a laminectomy in August 2015 on my L1/2/3 and fusion on L4/5. I have never felt so good. If you want the best neurosurgeon in Tampa go to Dr. Freeman. He explains everything, never rushes you out of he office. I wish I would have found him years ago.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

The doctor and his staff are thoughtful, insightful and highly compatent, I couldn't have had better care. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Surgical skill would seem more important than staff, puctutality, helpfulness and knowledge. Dr. Freeman handled the knife superbly. He was fully successful with surgery that has only about 65% success rate. I say this after allowing a full year to pass after the surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I had been bent over, unable to walk or do my chores without pain for more than 2 years. I had pain in my leg, shin, middle and lower back. I was diagnosed with bulging discs and deteriorating spine. I went to therapy, chiropractors, and 3 specialists. No help. Finally I found Doctor Freeman. He was the first doctor that actually showed interest in my condition. He took the time to explain why I was hurting and what he would do about it. He linked other problems I was having to my back, which I had never realized before. He removed some bone from my spine to release trapped nerves. I woke from the operation (minimally invasive) without pain for the first time in years. Recovery was very quick and I am now planning vacations and entertaining again. You may have to submit a lot of reports before he'll see you and you may have to wait 30 minutes in his waiting room but believe me - he's worth it!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

4/1/14 - spinal meningioma - Dr. Freeman and his team removed a tumor from my spinal cord. The surgery was a success. I was classified as a paraplegia because of the paralysis on my right side. It has been almost two months and I am walking, driving and performing everyday tasks. I had an MRI taken on 3/28/14 and was told I had to go to the ER immediately. I did not know the findings of the MRI until I met one of the doctor's on Dr. Freeman's team. Once I was told Dr. Freeman would be performing the surgery I researched immediately. Approximately only 2,000 people a year will have a tumor on their spinal cord and fortunately, the majority are handled by Dr. Freeman and Tampa General Hospital. His skills are evident based on my recovery, but I also appreciated his "bed-side" manner - very personable and patient. I appreciated the time he took during our follow-up visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Freeman and his team!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

1 neck surgery 2008, back T 10 - L5.2011, second neck surgery 2011. SUPER NEUROSURGEON. LOVED HIS PERSONALITY.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Freeman is a skilled and intelligent neurosurgeon. I have been his patient from 2008-2013. I had multiple spine issues which Dr. Freeman helped me through. At one point I could barely walk, sit or stand. After thoroughly investigating my condition, Dr. Freeman determined I was a candidate for a relatively new procedure on my sacroiliac (S-1) joint, rather than the typical L3,4,5 surgery most patients receive. In fact, I was the third patient of his to receive this new surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat it, the post surgical pain was significant and I was non weight bearing for about two months, but I am now walking, dancing, wearing my high heels again, which is a miracle and has changed my life for the better. Like any sought after surgeon, it takes some time to get an appointment and he typically runs late due to the amount of time spent with each patient. It has been two years since the surgery and I cannot say enough about Dr. Freeman. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I had spinal stenosis, could barely walk when I entered his office for the first time. He did a laminectomy and removed the nerve compression, through a 4 inch incision. In 5 weeks, I am back exercising, walking without pain and am able to perform normal everyday tasks without issue. His surgery capabilities are in the realm of the miraculous!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr Freeman is a gifted surgeon. He repaired my spine twice after two separate injuries; both were a complete success. The first surgery was 12 years ago on my cervical spine and the second surgery was on my lumbar spine one year ago. After both surgeries, I recovered quickly and without complications. I highly recommend Dr Freeman to anyone who is suffering from a spine injury!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I have seen Dr. Freeman for many years and he has performed surgery that helped me go from a wheel chair to walking without aid. He may run late sometimes but that is due to the fact that he spends the proper amount of time with his patients to assure they are getting the best treatment possible. He will explore all possibilities before performing surgery. I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr. Thomas B. Freeman's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners