Ratings for Dr. Todd Bertrand

I had to go to the emergency room because my rod broke after I had spinal fusion surgery done about 3 and a half years ago. He was very slow, was not knowledgeable at all, and he did some things that were out of his jurisdiction, such as monitoring my neurological status in the hospital overnight! He told me I was going to have to get my rod and my screws taken out by my orthopedic surgeon, and only my orthopedic surgeon, after the critical care doctor said that I was just going to have to get my rod taken out, and that any orthopedic surgeon, and any neurosurgeon could do it! Dr. Bertrand also told me to resume normal activity even though I was going to have to have surgery (which I did not end up having, by the way). I did not trust him in this matter, as I found out that he is a quack. I believe he has been fired, because I cannot find him on Duke's website. But if he is still at the hospital, AVOID SEEING HIM!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010