Ratings for Dr. S Shivji

Friendly front desk staff but the dentists here are HORRIBLE and should be avoided at all costs. Particularly Dr. Shivji, who owns both Alpha Dental and Brentwood Dental inside of Brentwood Mall, and Dr. Janda. Both of them have recommended unnecessary dental work for me, and both of them nearly ruined my mouth beyond repair. Several years later, I am still suffering from the damage that they caused. If you care about your dental hygiene then you won't go to any practice that these hacks are working at.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I had a very positive experience today with Dr shivjI he was so helpful I really like the fact that that he took his time to have me understand the problem at hand , as for the person who says he walks around the mall like he owns it . If I own two dentisto office I would to. As for the dog like people, please that dog looks cleaner then most people's mouths that walk in there , will definitely recommend the doc to others

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

How can you have a dog inside of a dental office? That seems unhygienic to me. What next? A horse?

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Years ago we needed a dentist for our kids, and Dr. S was recommended by half the kids parents at the school. I finally used his services and we have been patrons of his for over 35 years now. Most of the work has been completed in one or two visits. I have always found him to be very knowledgeable, compassionate but with a firm demeanor and quite concerned with the well being of his patients and always a smile or a joke when he sees you. As for Manolo... he has never strayed into the examining areas in the 10 or so years he has been at the office. We will truly miss him when he decides to retire.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I've used Dr. S Shivji for over a decade. His staff have always been friendly and courteous. The Dr. himself is very friendly and knowledgeable. He really knows his stuff! I've been in his chair anticipating a painful procedure only to have him pat me on the shoulder telling me i did great!? Very quick at his job and caring enough to make most people's idea of a nightmare into a tolarable experience. His assistant is top notch aswell! They have worked together for many years and it shows in their work. They work very smoothly together. His office is well decorated and supplied with all the comforts of a modern up to date dental office. Yes he has a dog. No it's absolutely NOT a health concern. He's way too short to pass the Dr. the needed tools and besides seems more content to watch the malls foot traffic and hope for a pat on the head. I have always recommended Dr. S Shivji and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. S Shivji is one of the best doctors I have ever met. Not only is he amazing at dentistry but he is also very polite, funny, friendly and enthusiastic all the time! Whenever I go in for a check up (which I do often) I am always very pleased and very happy every time I leave. He answered all questions that are asked with full explanations and not rushing the conversation like other doctors do. The staff is very friendly and also very flexible when it comes to changing appointment times and I am very satisfied with the service they provide. Whenever someone asks me about my dentist, I always highly recommend Dr. S Shivji. Not only have I found one of the best dentists in Canada but also a very good friend, I would highly recommend you at least talk to him and you will see what I and talking about!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I found Dr. Shivji of Alpha Dental both friendly and professional but, unfortunately, I can’t say the same for the other staff. The first thing you’ll notice about the Alpha Dental clinic is its penchant for hiring young, pretty girls. While that isn’t a bad thing in itself, I’m left to wonder why they don’t give more weight to the staff’s competency. This concern isn’t just with the office staff, but extends to the hygienists as well. One experience I had was so terrible, I have never returned. While waiting in reception, I heard a number of employees discussing what to do about being overbooked that morning. Shortly thereafter, I sat down for the exam and within seconds was told by the hygienist that my teeth were a mess and she didn’t have enough time to complete the work…I would have to make another appointment in two weeks. I was so taken aback by this news, especially given my normally stellar examinations, that I didn’t clue in to the possibility of an ulterior motive. When I returned two weeks later, however, this same hygienist forgot about the first visit and told me my hygiene was top notch, hardly anything to do. It was then that I realized she had me rebook only to free up space on the calendar. Not only did I waste my time and medical leave, I suffered undeserved humiliation. Shameful.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Shivji by students of mine who expressed how much they loved going to the dentist! I have been very pleased with his care and find that he is knowledgeable, honest, and very friendly. The dental hygienist was also very helpful and made me feel at ease. Great service overall! PS Manolo is a sweet dog and I have only noticed him in the front area not in the actual examination areas.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Proceed with caution when using this dental office - particularly Dr. Shivji. While not everyone has the same outcome when it comes to dental work, it is my belief/opinion that Dr. Shivji's failed attempt at extracting my wisdom teeth may have resulted in the now chronic facial pain that I have. Several years ago I was reassured by Dr. Shivji that he could remove my wisdom teeth with no problem. After 7 needles and me being able to feel every pull, drill, cutting into my tooth, etc., he stitched me up (with my cut-at tooth still in my mouth!), patted me on the shoulder, told me he couldn't do it and sent me on my merry way before I finally saw a surgeon and had the teeth removed while under IV sedation. Things got so bad that I ultimately hired a Lawyer and filed a Notice of Claim against Dr. Shivji as well as contacted the CDSBC (College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia.) It is also worth noting that Dr. Shivji's dog is also oftentimes in the office, unleashed, which to me is completely unhygienic/unsanitary.

Submitted October 5, 2014

I don't know what's worse - Dr. Shivji or the staff that work at his offices (he owns both Brentwood Dental and Alpha Dental, both of which are located in Brentwood Town Centre.) Dr. Shivji also walks around Brentwood Mall as if he owns the entire place.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014