Ratings for Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo

I dreaded going to every appointment I had, the wait time is on average two hours. There had been times where I waited in my car until the waiting room cleared out since there was no seat to sit in, the office is too small. I made a giant mistake going here for the birth of my first child. I had other options and I choose this office because of the convenience of location and RUMC being close to my home/job in the event I went into labor. She needs to expand her office to accommodate her patients and she needs another delivering MD. I fantasized that delivering my child was going to be a special moment and it was an absolute disaster. I do not recommend ANYONE to use her ever. She comes into the delivery room the last possible second, be prepared to never see her until your babies head is visibly there. Everyone I spoke to that used her said this, its not a secret. I don't know how anyone likes her. She wants to deliver your baby on her time, not yours. Be prepared to wait to push for her. Her use of the word honey is inappropriate and her bedside manner sucks. Zero stars and fired. Never using her again for anything. I should call my friends at silive to make it known to the rest of SI.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I dont even know how there are good reviews on here. I went to her because my first birth obgyn stop doing deliveries. I will say the staff is generally nice but you wait way over an hour every time doesnt matter what time of day. Some of my billing got screwed up by their coding. She overbooks. I was seen mostly by the PA. She wanted to induce me on my delivery date and I refused saying I wanted to give the baby another week. A week later, the day I gave birth, that morning I waited in her office for her to show up over an hour and half through the back door. Her staff felt bad, kept telling me shes on her way. When she arrived, she examed, stripped me and told me I was in labor (looking back i dont think I was bc she later ordered pitocin which I didnt need for my first)...and said go straight to hospital, that was at 3 in the afternoon, I didnt see her until a half hour before I gave birth at 11pm that night. And only for 20 mins bc I have my babies quick. My husband said when did the episiotomy she tore into me, didnt care. Barbaric. She sucked. I warn you all. Avoid her small office by all costs! I wish I left her when I had the chance, which by the way I tried to but then I had to get all the paperwork from her office. I should have in retrospect.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr. Giovinazzo was my Obgyn a few years ago when I lived in Staten Island. She is an amazing doctor and I love her. She delivered my son in June of 2010 and also did an amazing job. Great doctor and very nice person.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

dont even bother. U wait over an hour every visit to get 3 minutes of her time. She is rude and only in it for the money. She doesnt even take the two minutes to get a decent picture of ur baby. I'm high risk and an emotional basket case at 34 weeks I'm looking for a new doctor.... she's so bad I'd rather have my baby at home than trust her

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

The wait is way too long and she takes 5 minutes with you and rushes out the room, no time for questions or anything. Very unprofessional comments (she told me my baby was taking to the nicu because of me my fault, imagine how I felt) very rude and only cares about the money.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr G took such great care of me throughout my entire pregnancy and continues to take great care of me ever since my daughter was born! She's kind and caring and super smart! I recommend her highly!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Giovinazzo is just the best Doctor I have ever Had. She is very knowledgeable, caring and sensitive to your problems . She makes you feel like you are the only patient. She puts you at ease and sits next to you and goes over all your problems and addresses them in a way that you understand. She is very thorough , caring and involves you in the decisions. She is one of a kind. Puts you at ease. I just can't say enough good things. Just love her.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

The best doctor in her field. She is very confident and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Had a great experience. I'm new to Staten Island and I was happy to find such a great office!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

My daughters and I just switched over to Dr. G. Our doctor retired and while we were looking for a new Gyno many people suggested her. We were pleasantly surprised that we bonded with her immediately. Her staff is top-notch. She totally understood my problem and solved it for me! I am very pleased overall and my daughters felt so comfortable with her and the office in general.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2005)