Ratings for Dr. David H. Stern

I made an appointment with Dr. Stern's office because it was easy to get in without a long wait. I arrived at my appointment and was given a thick application to complete, thick like a book. There were many pages requiring you to sign so they can be sure to get your money. I asked the office lady where I can read what I was signing for. After I gave her my signed application, she asked me to step on the scale to be weighed. Then she lead me to Dr. Stern's office. After I entered his office, I was taken aback by the hostile look from Dr. Stern as if I was his worst enemy. He told me he did not like my questioning the office lady about signing away my rights on the many pages. He wanted me to go and apologize to her. What? I was so shocked by Dr. Stern's hostile confrontation and didn't know what to think. I got up and told him that based on his hostile encounter, I didn't think my visit would go well and that I was leaving. I asked him to give me back the thick application I had just filled out. He went and made a copy, came back and gave me back my application, and I left. I told myself since Dr. Stern did not render any service, he would not bill my insurance. Well, he did. He billed my insurance for a full office visit at $175.00, and got paid for the contract amount, too. I had to pay for it because of the deductible. I went to another doctor's office where I received professional service and had a nice visit. The application was 2 pages, not a book as in Dr. Stern's office. The entire experience I had with Dr. Stern's office was a nightmare which I would not want to wish on anyone.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

A strange location but Dr Stern has provided me answers where other doctors had no idea of what was going on.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Not the friendliest but a great doctor always finds the problem and if he can't he gives you a referral and doesnt waste your time. So far the only doctor I can trust love him!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I've had multiple relatively minor issues to address with Dr. Stern and have been very happy. He has fixed the problems rapidly and with professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

I strongly don't recommend Dr Stern. He is not very knowledgeable and rude. He seems to be constantly busy and running around. My issues took several visits to take care of. Also, he doesn't provide the right prescription needed to treat my conditions. I've visited him several times and each time, I become more and mroe dissatisfied.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

The doctor's physical was very thorough. He gave me the opportunity to explain things and it was a relief to get a referral from him that I wanted. Although we had different ideas about approaches to my treatment, he was open to my input and I appreciated the mutual respect.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2006

not very talkative but finds the source of the problem

flag | Submitted July 7, 2006

Dr. David H. Stern's Credentials

• Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)