Dr. Federico G. Seifarth

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Federico G. Seifarth

For a doctor to cross the threshold from great to exceptional, one must not only know their skill inside and out, one must have the ability to communicate with their patients. A lot of headache can be eliminated by having doctors who are willing to talk to their patients. I never felt like he held his position above mine or anyone else's(nursing staff). He explained the procedure to my son in simple terms and reassured him many times. You can see his love for kids when he walks through the door he's excited to do his job, and do the best he can. To me, it's more than performing the operation, it's being in good hands with competent doctors who have outstanding bedside manners. Thank you for performing our sons operation.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Our 2 1/2 month old son had to have emergency malrotation surgery. Dr Seifarth was great. He was on vacation and came to do the surgery anyway. Everything happened so fast, but I felt comfortable with it because he is extremely knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. Our son is doing very well after the surgery and he is healing up quickly. I have contacted him several times since the surgery and he responded quickly and I feel like he truly cares about the well being of my son. I would recommend him and am so thankful he was able to help my son.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Seifarth was awesome! He was so thorough in his explanation about what to expect and was really good at making my child feel comfortable. He is very friendly and personable and did a great job. It's very obvious he is passionate about what he does. I'd highly recommend him if your child ever needs special care.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. Seifarth was so friendly, personable, and kind. He was not in a hurry to get out of the room, which put all of us at ease pre and post surgery.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Our experience with Dr.Seifarth has been the best of any medical care we have ever received. He was called into the ER late on a Sunday to evaluate a very inflamed and painful bump under our 1.5 year-old son’s arm. The doctor was very thorough, but also quick, clear, and friendly. He explained the options for treating the lymph abscess and gave his recommendation without pressure. He was very reassuring and you can tell he is very knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate about his work. We chose to do the recommended same-day surgery at six pm on Sunday evening, which Dr.Seifarth seemed nothing but completely pleased to do. He was very positive and kind, and assured us it was no trouble at all. The surgery was very quick and organized and went very well. We were made very comfortable while we waited, and were sent home with every bit of information we could need for aftercare as well as contact information for any questions to use at anytime. We ended up calling Dr.Seifarth’s office to ask a question about a temperature after we had returned home to Missoula, and the nurse let us know she would talk with him and someone would get back to us. He personally called us back within a half hour and was very informative and reassuring, letting us know what to look for and to call back for anything else at all. Our son had a drainage tube placed for a STAFF infection in the abscess site, for which labs were taken on Sunday and results returned to us the very next morning. We scheduled a follow up appointment at Dr. Seifarth’s office for the following week and had yet another wonderful experience. He was in the exam room within minutes of when we arrived; and every single staff member was so kind, caring, and helpful. He and his team are wonderful with children, punctual, readily available to help or answer questions, extremely knowledgeable and able to clearly communicate information, and were extremely accommodating to our schedule since we were coming all the way from Missoula. The doctor had also given us the option to do a follow up with our pediatrician in Missoula, but we chose to return to Kalispell for all follow up so our son could continue to receive his top-of-the-line care. We will absolutely be making the drive to Kalispell again for any future surgical needs our son may have, as we are very sure we could not find a better doctor anywhere.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

He is wonderful and makes you feel like your his only patient and has an amazing bedside manner. He did not only take excellent care or our some, but took care of the whole family. He is unlike any surgeon I have ever experienced and he sets standard that all other surgeons should follow. His team is just as amazing as Dr. Seifarth.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr Seifarth and his team. When my young child had to have abdominal surgery and they treated him and us with the utmost care and respect.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Was very welcomed into KRMC and Doctor Seifarth made sure I was comfortable and knew everything he was going to do before operation

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

If you have a child who may require surgery, I encourage you to research the pediatric services offered by Kalispell Reg’l Medical Center. Upon my son’s initial Crohn’s diagnosis eight months ago, I began researching facilities in the Northwest and the US. As part of the due diligence, my son was seen by a director at another nationally recognized facility in anticipation that I may seek care outside the Flathead. I wouldn’t have hesitated to go outside the Flathead if I thought it was best for my son, as we do for my husband who has a chronic disease. Surprisingly, my due diligence revealed that many pediatric specialists at Kalispell Regional Medical Center have comparable education, training and experience as many of the pediatric specialists at the best children’s hospitals in the country. After thoughtful consideration, we determined it was best for my son if he had the surgery in Montana with Dr. Seifarth. In fact, if Dr. Seifarth did not practice in Kalispell, we may have flown to Cleveland Clinic (his previous location) to seek him out. While the entire pediatric team was quite impressive, I will speak specifically to Dr. Seifarth since this is a review for him. (I would be remiss not to at least mention his nurse practitioner, Rachel, who is a wonderful complement to Dr. Seifarth and is deserving of her own glowing review for many reasons.) Although I knew of Dr. Seifarth’s reputation, training and experience prior to my son’s appointment, the pre-operative appointment cemented the deal so to speak. Dr. Seifarth was the right surgeon for us. In the weeks after our first appointment with Dr. Seifarth, our confidence in our decision grew as we prepared for surgery. Looking back on the initial re-sectioning surgery and the weeks of Crohn’s-induced complications, including an emergency surgery and a month in the hospital, we firmly believe we could not have placed our son’s young life in the hands of a better surgeon. Over the course of a month under Dr. Seifarth’s daily care (as well as other staff on the team), I was able to observe Dr. Seifarth and the team under a variety of circumstances --- a major surgery that was supposed to include a fairly quick recovery, the realization that something was very wrong requiring an immediate follow-up surgery (ostomy), the insertion of four drains over the course of two weeks, struggles with my son’s reporting of pain, daily follow-up visits during rounds, etc. -- I observed Dr. Seifarth’s consistent demeanor in calm times and in stressful times. Dr. Seifarth is extremely competent (research his training and experience for yourself). He took time to explain things in a way that an inquisitive and capable mom would understand and then in a way that a 12-year-old boy would understand (he draws pictures and uses kid-friendly terms). He invited and answered questions. He was humble and at ease. I imagine anyone who spends a little time with him would think he was a good guy. He has a bedside manner that makes it apparent that pediatrics is his love. He developed a relationship with my son (not through me, but by talking directly to my son and respecting him as the patient). For example, I observed him joke often with my son, tell goofy stories, show him photos of his pets, and talk about his own children. He encouraged my son on the worst days and had fun with him on the best days. He treated my son as though my son was his most important patient. Never once in the month we were in the hospital did he seem rushed or like he didn’t have all the time in the world for my son. I am so grateful that KMRC has chosen to invest so much time, money, and energy into developing a pediatric unit that can service families in Montana without the need to go out-of-state. I am grateful that our beautiful surroundings (Glacier Park, Big Mountain, Flathead Lake, etc.) help entice highly-qualified doctors from all over the country to choose to practice here. I simply did not have an appreciation of what was happening in my own community until my family was thrust into the middle of this chronic disease. I encourage you to investigate the pediatric offerings at KMRC before going out of state.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Federico Seifarth recently performed major surgeries on my young relative including one emergency surgery. Prior to the first of these surgeries, the child’s well-educated and detail-oriented parents did much research including traveling to a nationally-known children’s hospital for consultation. After much vetting, Dr. Seifarth was chosen as the one to perform the surgery. Briefly, I am in a profession with much contact with medical professionals when the care provided does not meet appropriate standards or when bad outcomes occur even with the best of care. As such, I am familiar with attributes of the best and the worst physicians in various specialties. During my visits to Kalispell Regional Healthcare, I heard Dr. Seifarth’s communications with my young relative and with the child’s parents and observed how Dr. Seifarth interacted with all. Dr. Seifarth’s compassion and concern for his patient and the patient’s family were evident. Prior to an urgent surgery and in the face of many unknowns, Dr. Seifarth’s calming, confident, patient demeanor helped both the child and the parents. Dr. Seifarth handled the complex informed consent process in textbook fashion. He did not over-promise and under-deliver. Instead, he was upfront and explained the potential scenarios that would take place depending on what he found in the OR. He did this with the child and the parents separately with consents tailored for each. After hours of surgery, Dr. Seifarth explained in detail what he had seen and done in the operating room. He explained the potential short-term and long-term prognoses and also explained what the responses to the various scenarios would be. He happily answered many questions and requests for clarification from the parents. Upon request of the parents to involve a completely unknown medical specialist the family knew and trusted, Dr. Seifarth did so without hesitation. He willingly updated and involved that trusted infectious disease professional who was not even in the same geographic area. In short, Dr. Seifarth’s humility, knowledge and caring nature impressed even this family friend/medical specialist. My interactions and knowledge of Dr. Seifarth allow me to conclude that the man is not only a great surgeon but also a great human being. His humble manner puts everyone around him at ease as much as possible in the face of frightening situations. Most importantly, this surgeon showed genuine interest in the well-being of his young patient. I observed him taking time to explain the situation in a way a youngster could comprehend. He welcomed and answered all questions. He almost lingered in the room at times attempting to make my sad and scared relative smile. Finally, I also observed Dr. Seifarth during some interactions with staff. In each of these interactions, Dr. Seifarth treated others respect and kindness. In conclusion, despite reading Dr. Seifarth’s reviews, considering his training and experience, and hearing about Dr. Seifarth from my relatives, I reserved judgment until I felt I had enough information to reach my own conclusion. Simply put, I believe Dr. Seifarth’s clinical and surgical skills put him in an elite group of only a handful of the best pediatric surgeons in this country. Montana is fortunate to have him. I’ve never written an online review of anything or anyone until now but feel I need to make something akin to a public service announcement. If you are in the unfortunate position of needing to place your child’s life in the hands of a surgeon, please do your child and yourself a favor and research the doctors at Kalispell Regional Healthcare. I assure you this particular surgeon, Dr. Seifarth, will prove worthy of the trust and confidence placed in him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018