Ratings for Dr. John Mwando

ALWAYS get 2nd and 3rd medical opinions if it's not someone you have an established relationship with, and ALWAYS look at the x-rays, MRI reports, etc yourself. I saw podiatrist, Dr. John Mwando, in New York who ordered an MRI on my ankle. He told me that he would need to operate if it was a grade 2 or 3 sprain. He called me with the results. He said "everything is torn. You tore everything." and proceeded to tell me that in a grade 3 sprain the ligaments do not attach themselves without surgery. I told him I wanted the MRI report. He emailed it to me. Not "everything" was torn. My anterior talofibular ligament was torn. My calcaneofibular ligament was only partially torn. No damage to any of my tendons. No muscular damage. No damage to my bones or the ankle joint itself. I saw two more top surgeons (one an orthopaedic surgeon, another a podiatrist). They both looked at the MRI report, examined my ankle, and said I don't need surgery and "don't let anyone operate on you" and "that was unethical of him to tell you that you need surgery."

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

great bed side manner and a nice guy too .Explains things simply

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

he is a great doctor and surgeon he is also very nice

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

great physician ,very nice guy and a great surgeon too did wonders for my foot

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. John Mwando's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2007)

AARP